Chapter 7: 'Avalanche'

Start from the beginning

Amity was laying with her head under Luz's, and both her arms in a tight embrace. Luz had pulled one of the blankets over her, not wanting her to get cold. As Amity slept, Luz looked up at the ceiling with an arm around her. She thought about everything; from her mom, to her dad, to the moment right now. Everything about this moment was perfect for Luz, she wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world. Then the stupid butterflies came back, but this time, Luz didn't mind it. She understood why they would come back every time Amity was around. Her smile, her laugh, her voice; Amity was perfect to her. The Latina's eyes became heavy and she put her other arm around her friend, holding her tightly. Luz felt herself get pulled more and more into sleep, a dark wave flowing over her. The last thing Luz remembers that night is what she mumbled before going back into a peaceful sleep.

"You're killing me, Blight"

~~~

Luz woke up to Amity ripping from her embrace. "Boscha you better delete that!" She could hear Amity exclaim. "Make me!" Boscha said back. Luz sat up on the mattress and rubbed her eyes, letting out a yawn. Amity growled out and tried to snatch the phone from her hand. The pink-haired girl just pushed her away and held the phone high in the air, laughing down at the flustered girl. "uhh...what's happening?" Luz asked. "I took a picture of you and Blight sleeping, It's adorable," Boscha teased, still pushing back Amity. She eventually gave up and slumped back over to her bed, sitting down on the foot of it. "If you show anyone that, I will break every single bone in your body," Amity said in a cold tone. Boscha wheezed out a laugh, "Jeez Blight, lighten up a bit, you might just scare your cuddle buddy," Boscha teased. Amity looked like she wanted to tackle Boscha and murder her, but she let out a deep breath and faced the girl next to her. "Good morning Luz," Amity said with a smile. "H-hi..." She awkwardly said back with a wave.

"Ok, what's for breakfast, I'm starving," Boscha said, rubbing her stomach. "Uh, whatever you want, you can go to the kitchen and get whatever," Amity said. "Ok, I'll be right back, don't make out while I'm gone," She said, walking out of the room and closing the door. Luz felt a vibrant blush rise to her cheeks but shook it off when Amity scooted a little closer to her. "Are you ok? Does your head hurt?" Amity asked, placing a hand on her bandage she had on. "I'm fine right now," Luz responded with a smile, but that smile quickly turned into a look of worry. "Are you?" Luz asked, placing a hand over Amity's on her head. Amity quickly pulled away from the touch, looking down at the covers. "You can tell me anything Amity, I promise I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to," Luz said, hoping Amity would trust her. The Blight looked up at her, eyes full of care. "I-..." was all she was able to get out before the door opened, the sight of Boscha holding a bowl of cereal coming in.

They both looked at her for a split second but looked back towards each other. "Later, ok," Amity reassured her. Luz nodded, her expression still the same. Amity scooted over back to the foot of the bed and looked at Boscha. "Amity, this cereal is amazing," Boscha said, eating a spoonful of it. "It's just cinnamon toast crunch, don't get too excited," Amity said, waving her hands in the air. Boscha gave her a sarcastic laugh and continued eating. "You want anything, I'll go downstairs and get you something," Amity asked Luz. "I'll just take a water," Luz said. "A water, you really are a weirdo," Boscha said, eating another spoonful. Amity gave her a death stare but faced Luz again and nodded. She got up from the bed and walked out of the room. Boscha and her stayed silent for a bit before Luz's face went red.

"So, you and Blight?" Boscha asked, looking unfazed. Luz was taking back a bit and her breath hitched, a clear blush covering her cheeks. "Eh, what do you mean, we're just good friends is all," Luz rushed out of her mouth, closing it before she exposed something. "Yeah right, 'good friends' don't cuddle with each other at night, especially when that friend is Amity Blight," Boscha explained, knowing Luz was lying. "What do you mean by that," She said offendedly. "Come on Noceda, we both know Amity is the most anti-social person in the world. You must be special if she even lets you talk to her," She said, raising an eyebrow at her friend. "Plus, it's easy to tell you swing both ways," Boscha said, leaning back against the chair again. Luz was taken back, "I-, you little-," She stuttered out, knowing she was hinting towards her bisexuality. "Don't worry Luz, I won't tell, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows," Boscha said with a wink. Luz turned away from her and crossed her arms, she had nothing to say.