Ch. 2

Ch. 2 Odd Reality

After that weird dream I had last night, I finally woke up. Moving my hair out of my face, I noticed that the mark was still on my hand. I thought about the nightmare I just had again.

"Maybe someone was just messing with me while i was asleep. Probably Yuri." I thought.

I look over at him and he's still asleep, as well as Kaori and Daichi, but Rin wasn't in the tent anymore. I crawled around everyone until I could get my head out of the tent. I looked left and looked right she was no where in sight. Walking my way around the campsite, I was curious where she could have gone. Suddenly down the hill into a streeet of the city, I hear screams off in the distance and see people running away in panic. "Oh no Rin!" thinking she could be over there, I began running down the hill and made a quick right to the direction the people were running from. I stopped, feeling a chill down my spine. I saw something that I recognized....... From my dream. A large shadowy figure. It looked like the one I fought in my dream just larger. It was looking at me as if it were waiting for me and knew I was coming. Examining it I noticed it had Rin in its hand.

"Rin!!!!!" I yelled.

"Help!" She screamed.

I became angered and soon the mark on my hand began to burn. Instant rage came into my body, as if I was injected by a needle. Darkness surrounded my hand and a sword appeared. "Another?" I thought with a questioning look. This sword wasn't like the one from my dream it was dark and elegant with crystals imbued within. I positioned myself and dash towards the monsters feet. Determined to get my sister, I gripped the monster by it's leg and began to climb it. Furiously shaking it tossed me off onto a nearby building nearly knocking me out cold. My vision began to fade,and i felt like I was going to fall over. I fell to a knee and took a deep breath.

"Ok I know what I have to do."

Making a quick sprint, I jumped off the building coming down by surprise on the monster striking it's hand freeing Rin. "Go Rin run!" I shouted. She stood to her feet trying to balance herself and quickly ran back to the campsite. The monster roared and tried to go after her. I cut it off and concentrated trying to see if I can gather that same strength as last night. The beast stomped and disrupted my concentration. It seemed to learn from last night. Using the rubble from a collapsed building, I jumped for it's head. Before I could even get close to it, it grabbed me with one hand. I moved quickly I cut its finger, freeing myself to dash up it's arm. It tried to shrug me off but it gave me the perfect height for a strike on its head.

"Ahhh!"

Coming down hard, I impaled my sword into its head and the beast stumbled and fell to the ground. I flipped from the monsters head after it hit the ground, falling directly on my back. I rolled in pain for a moment, and then the sword disappeared again. The beast slowly faded away, disappearing before my eyes. My head hurt as I tried to stand and overcome a dizziness I had then I heard Kaori's Voice in the distance.

"Duke!!!" she cried sprinting towards me.

I found the strength to sit, but I couldn't help but think.

"Why was it going for Rin, it has an entire city around it to destroy, yet it goes for a little girl."

She ran up and hugged me, shaking me to see to get a response

"Are you ok?"

"I..." I began as a drop of rain fell on my cheek and a cool breeze blew in.

"Come on, we gotta get him outta this rain. Back to the camp" Yuri yelled to the others.

Thunder cracked and Rin screamed. I laughed a little and everything faded to black. I really didnt know whether i was alive or dead, it felt like I lost my soul. The sound of birds chirping is what I heard next after awakening which brought me to realization that i was still alive. No one was around in the tent. It seemed the storm was over, since I didnt hear rain and the wing calmed. I leaned up and began scrambling through my bag for some new clothes, A gray coat and jeans. Struggling out of the tent, once outside the area was shrouded with darkness. It felt warm and but quiet.