Chapter 4: Naming the Baby Girl

Caroline's POV-

I pick her up and gently rest her head against my chest as I take a seat on the couch. I take out my phone and start looking through some names to see which name fits this special little girl.

It's a big decision and after an hour or two of debate I decide that her name will be Arabella Violet Mikaelson born April 6, 2020. I might change her middle name later because I'm not to sure about it. I'm going to call her Bella for short because she is just a beautiful baby girl.

"What do you think little girl do you like Arabella?" I ask her. She responds by clapping her hands and giggling so I am taking that as a yes.

I am exhausted so I walk to my new bedroom and lay down with Bella as soon as her head hits the sheets she's out like a light and I soon follow.

I hear my phone ringing and a weight on my chest, I open my eyes and see Bella there which is alittle weird because I put her beside me but whatever . I turn my attention to my phone and grab it without moving too much so I don't wake up Arabella. I answer it not looking at the caller ID and I hear my mom yelling in my ear immediately.

"Whoa whoa calm down why are you yelling mom?" I ask whispering.

"You didn't call me when you arrived how am I supposed to know that you are safe?!! Also why are you whispering?" Mom exclaims lowering her tone, not yelling anymore.

"I'm sorry after I got done unpacking and finally finding a name for this little girl we took a nap. And I am whispering because Arabella is sleeping on my chest." I explain to her still whispering.

"I love the name you choose for her sweetie, I'll call you later this week to see how you are and any updates. Love you, honey."

"Love you too mom, talk to you later." I whisper then I hang up and place my phone down and look down at the little girl resting on my chest. It makes me feel like a mother and makes my heart feel so full. I fall back asleep feeling pretty peaceful, I haven't felt this way in a long time.

~The Next Morning~

I wake up because I feel something lightly tugging at my hair, as soon as I set eyes on Bella she stops, apparently just wanted me to wake up. I hold her to my chest as I sit up and get out of bed. I feed her, bathe her and change her into a cute....

After I'm done with her I decide that we should stay in today to get to know her and get into a routine, also for me to adjust to caring for a baby

After I'm done with her I decide that we should stay in today to get to know her and get into a routine, also for me to adjust to caring for a baby. I play with Bella for about 3 hours before putting her down for a nap.

A couple minutes later my phone starts to ring, it's Stefan, I knew he was the only one who was going to notice me missing especially this soon. I answer it with a sigh... "Hey Stefan."

"Care where are you? It's not you to just disappear and I don't believe this overseas crap." He asks concern seeping through the phone.

I sigh, "Beford I tell you are you alone?" I ask not wanting anyone to eavesdrop. I hear him speed to what I assume is a private place.

"Alright out with it Care, what's going on?" He asks again.

I explain to him what happened and the situation I am now in having to raise and protect a child. I also explain my apparent connection to Klaus even if it is embarrassing because he might know something about connections between vampires. He takes a couple of minutes to digest what I have told him.

"I don't know much about this connection but when you go to see a witch you might want to inquire about it. Also you're only one I know that would take in a baby that's father is Klaus and I think you made the right decision. I'm proud of you my best friend and I will try to visit you when I get a chance to get away from here...." He says and then trails off.

"I know they need you, don't worry me and Bella will be fine. I will update you if there are any changes bye Stef love you." I say bringing the call to an end.

"Love you too Care, goodbye." Stefan says and we both hang up.

I sit on the couch for I don't know how long just letting my thoughts settle before I hear Bella start to wake up. I get up and go to her room just as she opens her eyes and she smiles up at me making grabby hands to be picked up. I pick her up and give her a bottle with formula in it and she drinks it all and then I burp her before we play again.

A few hours later we have dinner her bottle and just a blood bag for me. I'm exhausted and she looks to be also so I lay down with her on my chest since she seems to like sleeping there and it makes me feel like a real mom. And with that last thought I fall into a peaceful slumber.