Chapter 5: An Old Friend

Caroline's POV-

It's been a week since I was handed Arabella and I don't know if it's just her but it's not as hard as other people make it seem. Maybe it's because I'm already in love with her or it might have something to do with her being some form of a hybrid. I have been wearing Klaus's necklaces and his daylight ring around my neck it helps me feel at ease like he is by my side.

I'm going to a private mommy and me class where it's only a few women who also live on the upper west side. I park and grab the stroller out of the trunk, put Arabella in it and start walking to the mommy and me class.

 I park and grab the stroller out of the trunk, put Arabella in it and start walking to the mommy and me class

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It's really fun to pretend to be a normal mother. I get tips from the other moms about how to entertain and how she might develop, I say might because she is a supernatural child hybrid no one can really predict how Arabella will develop or how fast. The class helps her with interacting with babies but she is very shy a lot, Arabella clings to my shirt a lot not wanting to leave my arms which just makes me awwee. The class introduced me to Kangaroo bonding, you place your tiny naked baby directly on your bare chest with both you and baby covered by an exterior wrap, allowing the your body heat to warm your baby and it helps the baby and mother bond especially if the baby is on formula. I tried it for the first time yesterday and I can't explain the feeling but I'll try it feels amazing to be close with a child after having accepted that I'll never have my own kids. The other moms ask how I got my figure back so fast after birth and I quickly come up with a story about having a flat stomach pregnancy and that I didn't notice I was pregnant until month 5 because I had just realized it had been awhile since my last period. They seem to believe it and with that I leave the mommy and me class I spot a cute cafe across the street and decide to eat some human food and to feed Bella.

After I finish ordering I start to get a really good look around the kinda fancy cafe and I can't believe my eyes. Everyone thinks she's dead how can she.....of course Silas Messing with our minds for the Other Side.

"Kat." I whisper out of shock knowing she can hear me.

I didn't realize how much I've missed her until I have to stop myself from speeding over to hug her

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I didn't realize how much I've missed her until I have to stop myself from speeding over to hug her. She is one of the few people who knows about what Damon did and understands my dislike towards Elena because she's with Damon despite what he's done but tries to judge me for my feelings for Klaus.

Kat walks over to my table when she finally notices Arabella asleep in her stroller. Shock is written all over her face before she put on her 'oh you explain now' face and takes the seat across from me and gives me a gesture to go on with the story no doubt behind this baby.

I explain the whole situation and I see the worry in her eyes when I mention the entire Mikaelson family is missing, I know her and Elijah are each other's true love. I continue on with my story of how I came up here and ended with the mommy and me class I was just at.

"Whoa Care-bear you've got a lot going on, how are you doing?" She asks.

"I am fine I was stressed at first but then I got into a routine with Arabella and she is the sweetest baby it isn't that hard. I know you're worried about Elijah, I'm trying not to worry about Klaus. I hope they come soon because I don't want them to miss all of her firsts." I say opening up about how I really feel instead of putting up a front around people. Kat nods agreeing with me but I know she isn't going to admit it out loud.

We sit there eating and catching up with each other. After we both finish our meals I convince her to move into my apartment so I'm not alone with a baby anymore and I can have conversations with someone who understands.

I text her the address and load the stroller into my car and gently strap in Arabella.

I meet Kat there. Once I get Bella inside and I put her in her room, I help Kat unpack and settle into my guest room.

We then ordered take out from a Chinese restaurant for dinner before it gets here I feed Bella and then put her down for the evening so me and Kat can talk openly.

We spend the night talking about the Mikaelsons more specifically Klaus and Elijah, even though it's hard for Kat to open up about her feelings we had a lot of fun talking about our memories with them. But I didn't tell her about Klaus and I in the woods because that's best saved for another time. We finally passed out on the couch at 2am exhausted from everything honestly.