CHAPTER TWELVE

"Guy, are you sure Fiyi has not given you some sort of love charm?" August teased his friend.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing, just that there was a time you did not like this girl, but right now, all I ever hear when we are together is Fiyi this, Fiyi that."

"I never do that. She just comes up during some of our conversations," He defended

"I don't believe you guy, there is more to it than meets the eye."

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"May thinks you are ignoring her, you know?"

"I'd never do that, she is still my baby girl." Olumide refuted

"Fiyi is the 'babiest' of them all right?" He continued to tease.

"Just stop. What does that even mean?" Olumide laughed.

"Let's get this done abeg," He admonished pointing to the papers and tabs scattered on his makeshift reading table.

"I am happy for you though, she is a rare one," August continued to tease his friend.

"I still do not have an idea of what you are talking about. She is just my friend." He insisted

"Hmmm, keep saying that to yourself till you believe it. At the age of 26 right? A twenty-year-old fresh blood beauty is your friend."

"Sincerely, I want more, I won't lie to you but she's scared. She keeps insisting on being my friend. I don't know why.
Did she say anything to you about me?"

"If you are fishing for info, you are talking to the wrong person."

"I just want to know. We gist and all but I don't know what she honestly thinks of me." He shrugged.

"I just don't want the encounter we had that night to mar my chances with her. We didn't have the most exciting conversation and I was kind of hard in my judgment."

"Well, can't say anything about that. Maybe she's just cautious. She's pretty young you know?"

"Did you say young?
I can listen to her all day. I don't even care about her age. Have you seen that look in her eyes when she is about to, or she's done something mischievous?

The way her eyes crinkles when she is genuinely happy. I call her sometimes just to hear her voice."

"Guy! You are so whipped."

"I don't even know,  I am just amazed at how awesome she is. She confessed that she sold the phone you bought her but didn't want you to know because you'd be angry.

The minor things she does trips me, and she doesn't think big of it. Her aspirations are out of this world."

"That girl is crazy, " August added. "She eventually told me about the phone, said she sold it for a particular handout and balance of her younger brother's textbooks."

Their conversation was interrupted by August's ringing phone.
He looked at the phone and picked clicked on it. It was his baby sister and she probably wanted to know where he was.

"Hi, sissy."

The sound he heard on the other side was not fine at all.

"What happened he shouted into the phone?"

The groaning continued and he couldn't hear any other thing. His heart was palpitating, who called him then if she couldn't talk on the phone.

"Where are you?" He yelled into the phone.  He managed to hear her mutter the word home.

Someone should be home with her, he thought as he picked his car keys and rushed out of Olumide's apartment. He didn't bother to pick any of his devices. All he needed was the phone.

"What happened?" Olumide ran after him. They were at his house trying to work on a proposal. They were trying to float their own company. Olumide only had on his joggers and a simple shirt he had thrown on since they had planned to be at his apartment all day.

"It's May, she couldn't talk. I think she is in trouble."

"Is she sick?"  Olumide asked still trying to put on his flips while rushing to catch up with his friend.

"She wasn't sick last night when I saw her. I left home early this morning, so I didn't see her."

"Let me drive" He offered when he noticed the worry on his friend's face. He was not looking fine at all.

"I'll manage."

"No bro, you are not in the right frame of mind, try and call someone else, see if there is anyone with her."
August hurriedly scrolled through his phone and called Fiyi.

"Are you at home?"

He ended the call immediately she said no.

He tried to dial his mother when he settled onto the passenger seat beside his friend, but he thought better of it, he didn't want to alarm her. He watched his friend maneuvered the car out of the gate in a rush towards their destination.
He didn't have the cook's number. If he asked his mom, she might get suspicious. He dialed Foyeke's number.

"Are you in my house?"

"I just left. Why?" Came the reply.

"Can you please go back there? I think May is in trouble."

"Right away, She replied and August ended the call.

August was in a pensive mood as his friend drove through the streets. He dialed his sister's number, but she wasn't picking. Anything to know what was happening right now.
Fiyi's call interrupted his thoughts. She was worried about the way he ended the call and called to find out if everything was fine.

"Good, " He replied

"I just wanted to find out if you went to my place today."

"I did, in fact, I just got back to the hostel."

"Did you see May?"

"She arrived as I was about to leave, is there any problem?"

"Nothing, she just sounded off."

"I attended to her before I left and she seemed fine."

"Did you leave anyone with her?"

"Well, a friend was with her but I didn't see the friend when I left."

"Thank you. I will talk to you later."

"Is everything alright?"

"I don't know right now, I will call you as soon as I know something."

He ended the call as they neared his estate gate.

His phone started ringing again, he looked at it, it was Foyeke.

"Yes?" He said into the phone.

"I am with her right now. I can't carry her. She is not moving."

"What?"

Foyeke was already crying. "I need someone to help me carry her. I can't."

"Call the security, the gardener, anyone. I am at the estate gate."

SEE YOU NEXT TIME

Please share, comment, vote, and add to your list. xoxo