Chapter 20

Author's note: Okay so like, this ended up being less date fluff because it turns out I'm terrible at writing dates but anywho, it is still pretty damn fluffy. Hope y'all enjoy.

P.S. I'll probably add chapter art for this later.

——

"We've been walking for quite awhile now," Amity said as she glanced over to Luz who had a wide smile on her face. She sure is beautiful, Amity thought to herself as a light blush crawled across her face, facing forward before Luz could answer the question.

"Yep! I am doing just fine," Luz hummed as the pair continued forward. By all accounts, it was a normal day on the Boiling Isles, the sun peaking through the few clouds that lingered in the sky, the air crisp, a slight breeze working its way through the human's hair. As the two walked through the forrest, Luz took in the sights around her - eyeless birds singing, trees baring their teeth in a wicked grin, and forrest critters looking curiously out on the couple as they wandered through - everything as it should be. Despite this, Luz couldn't help but feel the world looked a little brighter today, smiling as she stole a quick glance at the girl beside her, her beauty causing the human's heart to skip a beat as her grin widened. "Beautiful..." Luz muttered, eyes softening.

"It is, isn't it? I've never seen the Boiling Isles look so... so warm," Amity hummed as she thought of Luz behind the mask her words. Seeing Luz nod in agreement, Amity let her mind wander as the pair progressed through the forrest, a comfortable silence falling between the two as the neared their destination. It had been years since the green haired girl had ventured to this part of the of the woods. As a child, she often spent time in the forrest, the peace and tranquility providing a much needed break from the chaos at home. The days spent in the forrest, away from the world, were some of the best days of her childhood.

Prior to their fall out, Willow would meet her in the forrest on occasion, the two playing and enjoying each other's company in the beautiful flowers her friend would bring into bloom. One flower in particular had always stood out to the witch - the sunflower. Its beauty captivated her, the flower's deep dark center holding fragile seeds of life waiting for an opportunity to bloom, surrounded by yellow petals that felt like hope - a metaphor for her life. To see them now, to be gifted them by the girl she loved, reinforced that hope as she reflected on the past month.

So much had changed since the girl had left the Blight Manor. She had grown and had begun to heal both physically and mentally from the trauma she had endured. She was learning to trust and be vulnerable again for the first time in years and in doing so, she had found friends and she had found family. And though her healing journey was only just beginning, she felt grateful for the chance to recover in a space that finally felt safe enough to do so - a place that felt like home surrounded by people who loved her.

Staring at the sunflowers Luz had gifted her, Amity let out a content hum as she gently caressed a leaf. These flowers - this simple gesture of kindness, of love - they in what they represented meant so much more to her than she could ever put into words. Regardless of what happens next, Amity thought to herself, at least she wouldn't be alone; there was hope in her and the people around her, and in that hope, she found power.

"We're almost there," Luz chimed, pulling Amity from her thoughts, the green haired witch meeting the brunette's grin with a smile. "I'm so excited! I wish I could just scoop you up and run the rest of the way," the human laughed much to Amity's amusement.

"If only your crush hadn't distracted you during that grudgby match," Amity winked with a grin.

"Not gonna lie," Luz chuckled, "as much as breaking my leg hurt, you coming into my life made it totally worth it. Heck, I'd do it again if I had to."