Chapter VIII

The Next Morning

"I wanna take you out, babygirl." Jack announces randomly, turning his head to the side to look over at me as I stared up at the ceiling.

Jack and I were laying down on our backs on his bed, music playing in the background - a mix of his music as well. The boys were awake and in the living room, from the noise it sounded like they were playing a video game.

The frequent shouts of profanity about how they should've pressed a certain button on the controller a few seconds later confirmed my accusations.

"You know you don't have to do that." I reminded him, slowly turning my head to face him. I met his intent gaze, smiling softly which made him smile as well.

Jack nodded, "I know but I want to, we haven't went out on a date in months. You deserve it." His hand slid over mine, causing me to turn mine around so we could intertwine our fingers comfortably.

"Okay, but nothing fancy." I agreed, rubbing my thumb across the back of his hand.

Jack chortled, "That's the whole point of wanting to take you out. I want to take you out on a fancy dinner date."

I sighed, "Jack,"

"Skylar," He mocked me, a smirk playing on his plump moisturized lips.

"Don't waste your money on me,"

"It's not wasting. I'm putting it to good use."

I pursed my lips as him and raised my eyebrow, "How so?"

"I'm making my girl happy." He smiled.

I chuckled and shook my head, sighing dramatically, "You're such a charmer." I said sarcastically, teasing him by poking his cheek with my other hand.

Jack chuckled softly and rolled over on his side, wrapping his other arm over my stomach. He propped himself up on his elbow, gazing down at me with a grin as his eyes scanned my face.

"What? Stop doing that." I turned my head to the side, feeling a little embarrassed.

"Look at me," He commanded with a chortle.

I obliged and looked over at him, "What?"

"You're so -"

"Stop," I dragged out with a whine, "no compliments"

Jack rolled his eyes, "Fine, then let my lips do the talking." He smirked and licked his lips slowly.

Later On That Day

I rummaged through my bag, looking for something a little fancy but failed to find anything, causing me to groan loudly. I threw down the clothes I had in my hand roughly, running my hands through my hair in frustration.

"Hey there Miss Grunt - A lot." Sammy chuckled as he walked into the room, "What's the matter?"

I sighed, "I can't find anything 'fancy' to wear for this date with Jack tonight."

Sammy nodded, plopping down on the bed, "Go shopping." He suggested

"I didn't want to." I whined, throwing my head back softly.

"Well that seems to be the only option." He shrugged, slapping his hands against his thighs, "Come on, I'll go with you." He stood up, signaling me with a wave of his hand to follow him.

I stood up and sighed, pushing my hair back with my hand, "I hate not knowing where he's taking me because then I don't know what to specifically wear." I complained.

"You'll be fine." He attempted to reassure me, "Hey Alexis, we're going to the mall and you're coming with us."

Alexis looked up at us from the television with a confused expression, "What? Why?"

Sam shrugged, "I don't know, because you're a girl and Skylar needs some female advice."

Alexis hopped up and over the couch in excitement, "Oo for what?" She asked, wide eyes and raised eyebrows.

"Calm down, Alexis." I laughed, putting my hands on her shoulders, "You always get so excited."

"Because I feel like this has to do with Jack." She smirked faintly.

I nodded, "He's taking me out tonight and I have -"

"Nothing to wear, " she nodded, "of course you didn't pack a dress or something. Come on, let's go." She grabbed mine and Sammy's wrist.

Sammy and I glanced at each other, it was evident he was slightly surprised by her demanding actions but I wasn't.

This was normal Alexis for me.

That Night

I ran my hands down the mid-thigh short black, long-sleeved v-neck dress. It was fitted so it accentuated all my curves. Of course Alexis picked it out and both her and Sammy urged me to buy it. Alexis suggested a pair of ankle heel boots which minutes later she had found and encouraged me to buy because it would "make my legs look amazing".

Alexis insisted on doing my makeup which consisted of a light smokey eye, winged eyeliner which made my hazel eyes stick out even more and red lipstick from MAC. My hair was left naturally curly and I had a few pieces of jewelry on like a silver bracelet, a black choker necklace with a sun pendent on it and some stud earrings.

"You look fantastic!" Alexis squealed, covering her wide smile with her hands.

Sammy looked at me with wide eyes as he looked me up and down. "What?" I questioned, feeling slightly insecure.

"Nothing, you look great." Sammy smiled, finally meeting my eyes.

I gave him a soft smile - almost like a thank you.

I sighed and blew a raspberry, "Let's just hope I don't trip in these heels." I chortled, bending my ankles to the side to take a better look at my black bootie heels.

"You'll be fine, just don't think about it. Where's Jack anyway?" Alexis asked, almost like she was asking herself as she walked out the room.

I tilted my head and looked down at my freshly manicured stiletto nails. Sammy cleared his throat, "You really do look great Skylar, Jack's very lucky." He complimented me again.

I smiled softly again, feeling uncomfortable, "Thank you, Sam."

"No problem, I -"

"Jack's not here, what the fuck?" Alexis exclaimed, walking into the room with confusion written all over her face.

I shrugged, "Maybe he called, hold on."

I carefully walked over to Jack's dresser and grabbed my phone off the charger. I pressed the unlock button only to see that I had no notifications from Jack.

"That's weird." I spun around on my heels, "Nothing."

"I'll go call him, no worries." Sammy said, walking out the room.

I bit my lip and sat down at the edge of my bed, "I hope he's not blowing me off, I didn't do all this shit for nothing." I softly seethed.

Alexis sat down next to me and rubbed my back. A few minutes later, Sammy walked back into the room with an almost sympathetic look on his face, "He won't answer the phone."

"Is he with Johnson? He better be with Johnson or I swear to g-' Alexis hissed, bouncing her knee up and down.

"Relax, something probably just came up and he's running late. No biggie." I sighed with a shrug.

Truth behold, I was trying to convince myself more than anyone.
__________
PLEASE LEAVE SOME COMMENTS AND VOTE FOR IT!! I REALLY WANT THIS STORY TO TAKE OFF LIKE INEVITABLE LOVE DID!

Plus; the more feedback the faster I update