Chapter XIV.

Another party.

Another night full of booming music.

Another shot of vodka.

Another mistake.

One of Jacks friends were hosting a party and invited both of us. He didn't want to go but I encouraged him. I thought it would be fun, we'd get out and have a good night.

Boy was I so completely wrong.

The shots I had taken were fully activated and I was feeling slightly lightheaded and dizzy. I was in the middle of the dance floor dancing like there was no tomorrow to every song that played, whether I knew it or not.

Jack watched me from afar while conversing with some friends of his. I stopped dancing and took a deep breath, stumbling into the kitchen to grab another drink.

"Woah there, don't you think you should slow down love?" I heard an unfamiliar voice snicker behind me.

I turned around, my vision slightly blurry for a second, "Probably. Will I? Probably not." I laughed.

"Here," he handed me a bottle, "drink some water please."

I groaned loudly, "Such a party pooper. Fine." I grabbed the water bottle and gulped it down.

"Damn," he laughed, "you're Skylar right?"

I nodded, "Yep that's me!" I said in a 'that's so raven' tone, causing me to giggle.

"You're cute. I'm Derrick, nice to finally meet you." He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Derrick, such a bold name." I sighed, "Derrick." I repeated in a deep voice while puffing my chest before erupting in giggles.

Derrick moved closer to me, placing his hand on my waist, "I love your laugh." He muttered, looking down at me due to height difference.

I cleared my throat, "T-Thanks."

I felt him lean in and before my mind could process anything, his lips were on mine. I squealed and placed my hands on his chest, trying to push him away.

But it was too late.

"What the fuck!" I heard Jacks voice shout in anger.

I finally pushed him off me and looked over at Jack, "It's n-not what it looks like." I walked towards him.

He huffed as he looked between me and Derrick with anger. He sped walk towards me but ended up going past me and punched Derrick square in his jaw.

"That's my girlfriend, asshole!" Jack shouted as he backed away.

The room went quiet and Jack looked over at me, shaking his head and walking away. My chest felt like it was gonna bust open as I felt all eyes on me.

Before I could even make a decision, I ran after Jack. I pushed and slid through the groups of people as I ran after him.

Jack had just gotten out of the house when I grabbed his arm, "Jack!"

He yanked his arm away from me, continuing to storm away from the house.

"You're just going to leave me? It was just a small peck! I tried to push him off!" I exclaimed, standing at the end porch.

Jack scoffed, "Just a small peck," he mocked me before swinging around, red in the face, jaw and fist clench, "If it was the other way around you wouldn't even give me a chance to explain." He hissed.

"And you did?! Plus that's a whole different story because you've fucked up plenty of times!" I shouted, pointing at him.

My anger was quickly sobering me up. Only thing I felt was slight guilt but an immense sense of anger.