Chapter XVI

"Sometimes two people need to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together"

Three Months Later

"Hey Sky," Aden threw his arm over my shoulder as we walked inside the bakery.

"What's up Aden?" I smiled softly, grabbing his arm and taking it off my shoulder and grabbing my apron.

Aden sucked his teeth at me, "I see you're still rejecting me." He grabbed his apron as well.

"I wouldn't call it rejecting because you haven't asked me anything." I raised my eyebrow before walking away.

"Okay fine then, let me take you out later." Aden asked, following right behind me.

I stopped and spun around, "No, now that's rejecting." I patted his cheek as I opened the door to the kitchen to clock in.

"So harsh to the poor boy." Alexis shook her head.

"I'm not ready for a relationship, it's too soon." I shook my head.

"It's been two months Sky, you can't keep moping around." Alexis rested her hand on her hip.

"I'm not moping, I'm just not as excited about things as before." I disagreed, "Anyway like I said, I don't want a relationship right now."

Alexis sighed and rolled her eyes, "I guess. I'm not gonna force you to do anything, but try being a little less harsh on Aden. He's cute, sweet and really into you. Don't break his little heart."

I pursed my lips before walking back out and going to my station; cashier. I still find it highly ironic how I left my restaurant job because of being a cashier too long but here I am at the bakery, working as a cashier.

At least the pay was better.

Throughout the day, people came, bought some sweets and left. My tone had became more monotone by the hour. I only had 10 minutes left before my break and I impatiently tapped my fingers against the marble counter.

The ringing of the bell alerted me yet I never lifted my head until they approached, "Hello welcome to -" I looked up and my whole body froze as I saw those features I use to adore so much.

"Jack?" I whispered, probably looking like a deer in headlights.

That beautiful smile appeared on his face, "Hey Skylar."

"W-What are you doing here?" I faltered.

Jack took a deep breath, "I came to see my parents and friends, and more importantly you."

I furrowed my eyebrows and took a step back, my arms holding up my body on the counter as I lowered my head.

"I miss you, so much. It's been hell not being able to hear your voice for months. Three and a half months without you, it's been hard. I fucked up and I realized what I truly took for granted and that was you. I'm so sorry." He began.

I lifted my head and looked in his eyes, seeing them glisten, "Jack, I-I don't know what to say." I said slowly.

"I came here to apologize and hopefully be at least friends with you. I miss being able to call and text you when I want to, I lost that privilege with my stupidity."

"You do remember that I'm the one who started that fight right? If I would've never kisse-"

"You were drunk and he took advantage of that. It's his fault not yours and I get that now. I should've been pissed at him, not you. I acted on impulse and I apologize. If I would've let you explain better then we might still be together." He interjected.