51. The Day After

Start from the beginning

"...can't believe I went from afraid at the fact I completely forgot about having protection to wanting to have a child with you." He whispers, I smile against his chest, placing a kiss on his as he slides his hands lower, and I shriek against him as he bites his lip from chuckling.

He rolls me over, so I'm flat on my back and stares down into my eyes, "Want to share a bath?" He whispers in question. I giggle when his fingers slide up the inside of my calf, slowly as he wraps my legs around his torso, I wince at the movement, to which he pauses.

He lowers his forehead to mine, "I'll take care of you, I promise." He murmurs, slowly standing with me in his arms and pulling me towards the en-suite. I tuck my head into his burly neck and smile...knowing I made the right choice.

*****

Lorraine blushes behind the table in the kitchen as Edmund slices the mushrooms next to me. Edmund and I returned a few hours after sharing a bath for the first time, where he had taken great care of me, and now-it seems to have heightened his protective tendencies, considering he keeps me 'stuck to the hip.'

Marvin chuckles, "He sounds like the kind of person to redden in constipation and run as if his arse was on fire because I made my girl moan." He says, staring down at Lorraine, who turns away, holding her cheeks while she's about to squirm when he clamps his hands around her hips and pulls her onto his lap.

"Stop it, Marvin." She gasps at him, slapping his bare shoulder.

Edmund smiles to himself, glancing over at me as I do the same. I turn towards the kettle, thankful it flicked on as I move the string pasta around. A large hand slides around my abdomen as Edmund pours the mushrooms onto the stove, "Want to get some payback?" He asks me, I give him a curious look, and he grins down at me before leaning in to whisper.

"How loud do you think I can make you moan?" He whispers innocently.

I raise a challenging eyebrow, "Oh? How do you know it's not the other way round? Considering I did elicit a few interesting sounds from you, hmm?" I say, manoeuvring around him as his hand freezes in surprise.

I smile as I move towards the ripe red capsicum and wash it under the water as Lorraine gives me an apologetic look, "I'm so sorry you had to hear that." She whispers to me.

I wave her off, "Edmund helped me calm down." I utter before a burly chest flattens against my back, and he entrails me against the kitchen counter. He cages both arms next to my ribs. Marvin narrows his eyes.

He points at me, "You look strangely brighter. Exactly where did you two run off to yesterday?" He asks me.

Edmund answers, "I don't believe that's any of your business, Marvin."

Marvin scoffs, "Quiet, silver airhead. This is between family. Sis, can you still claim you're a virgin because if you can't, Mom and Dad are just a phone call away?" He asks me.

I narrow my eyes, "Don't play that 'older brother' crap, Marvin. I'm the older one here, and it's not like you can talk, given you two have been-incessant for far too many days now." I say. Edmund chuckles above me, obviously agreeing.

Lorraine gapes at me, "Oh my gosh, you two-" A loud siren cuts us off.

We all freeze just before Marvin hauls Lorraine over his shoulder and runs out of the kitchen towards the porch. Edmund turns off all the appliances before doing the same to me as we watch students rip away from the front entrances and the side terraces. We watch the few too many screams of fear as I catch the smoke leaving from the far building as sirens of fire trucks enter the air.