His fingertips brushed lightly down her neck as he said this, causing her to shiver. Back at Hogwarts, Sarah had grown used to Diego's flirting—it was simply his way of communicating—but now that they spent so much time alone together, with no Tonks or Penny around to laugh at him and no Barnaby to glare at him, she was caught quite off guard.

"I don't think so," she said.

"No, you're right. Nothing I could buy would be good enough for you. Perhaps, I could give you something more...meaningful."

Sarah had had her eyes locked on the Manor for the entirety of this conversation, but Diego placed a hand on the left side of her face, gently turning her to look at him. He was very close. Even in the increasing dark, she could see his long eyelashes. The whites of his eyes stood starkly out against the brown as they lingered on her own eyes, before glancing down at her lips.

"Diego," she whispered.

"Sarah."

"Malfoy's on the move."

Both their heads snapped forward as they took out their wands. Lucius Malfoy, who Sarah had just seen out of the corner of her eye, was striding across his lawn with haste. Normally, this meant the two would hurry to follow him, but he was making his way up to the house, not away.

"Why didn't you tell me he'd left?" Diego whispered. His voice held none of the softness it had only a moment before.

"I didn't see him leave!" she whispered back. "You watched the place earlier. Did you see anything?"

"Of course not!"

Sarah swore under her breath. So much for Dumbledore being able to trust her completely.

"It was probably nothing," she said, more to make herself feel better than anything. "He may have just gone out for a drink."

"I don't think so," said Diego. "He was walking with a purpose. He may have just come back from some important meeting with his master."

Sarah bit her bottom lip, thinking hard. They hadn't had any information to bring back to the Order for weeks.

"What do you say we get a bit closer?" she asked. 

"We're not supposed to let Malfoy see us. Weren't you just going on about following Dumbledore's orders?"

"He won't see us," she insisted. "But if he's just got important news from the Death Eaters, he'll be in there telling his darling wife all about it. Wouldn't it be nice to bring some worth-while information to Dumbledore for a change?"

Diego thought for a moment before groaning. "Oh, alright. You've got a good point, and I can see you've already made up your mind anyway. I couldn't stop you if I wanted to."

Sarah grinned at him. With a flick of her wand, she's cast the disillusionment charm on Diego and herself. She felt a rush of pride to see how far her charmwork had come. When he was motionless, Diego was completely invisible.

"Come on," she said. "Stay close by and keep your wand out."

"Obviously," Diego whispered, following her out of the tent.

They crept along the strolling garden, their feet crunching unhelpfully on the frosted grass. The only strong light came from a window on the first floor. They sneaked up to it and Diego conjured a wooden crate for them to stand on.

Peering in, they could see a parlour lit by a grand fireplace. Malfoy stood near a spindly table at the side of the room, talking to his wife, who had her arms crossed as if she were cold.