Thunder

"Now what did I tell you about staying out in wet clothes for too long?"

"..."

"What did I say?"

A sigh.

"... To not to."

Sakura nodded firmly, her mouth pressed into a thin line.

"That's right, Itachi-san! I told you and told you and now-" she paused to look at the thermometer in her hands, "103°F, Itachi-san! 1-0-3! You gotta fever!"

Itachi was sitting upright in his bed with his arms crossed over his chest and red laden cheeks. It was already enough that he had contracted a fever during a simple mission, but to be reprimanded for it by someone half his height was just embarrassing.

"I assure you that I'm quite alright, Sakura. I am still able to perform my duties." he tried. She shook her head.

"Nu-uh! You're gonna say in bed until you're all better, no exceptions."

"Sakura..."

Kisame entered the room with a grin.

"She's right. You've got no choice but to stay in bed until you're better. Leader-sama had just informed me that we've got no missions slated for us the next two weeks. You've got nothing to worry about."

Itachi stared at him blankly, his eye twitching every so often. Eventually, he glanced down at Sakura, admitting defeat.

"Fine." he sighed. Sakura grinned.

For the next few days, Sakura was up and and about the house asking everyone how to take care of a sick person. First she approached Tobi, questioning him about what people should eat if they want to get better.

"If someone's sick, you should feed them soup. Maybe even some ginseng tea or orange juice." he said.

"Then-Then can you help me make something for Itachi-san?!" he asked hopefully. Tobi scratched his head.

"I don't know, Sakura..."

He glanced down and saw Sakura look up at him expectantly. Her eyes were wide and pleading, and her bottom lip was puffed out. He glared playfully at her.

"You know I can't resist those puppy dog eyes."

"So does that mean you'll help me?"

Tobi smiled slightly from underneath his mask.

"Of course. How could I say no to you?"

"Yay!!"

And that's how Sakura ended up carrying a small tray with a bowl of ton-jiru soup and a cup of both orange juice and ginseng tea. She happily, but carefully, trotted over to Itachi's door. She carefully balanced the tray on one hand while she knocked with the other.

"Itachi-san, it's me! May I come in?"

She heard a quiet 'yes' and she quickly turned the knob and carried the tray properly. Sakura pushed the door open and shut the door once she was inside. Itachi was upright in his bed with glasses on the bridge of his nose with a book cracked open in his hand. He set his book down when Sakura presented him with the tray.

"Here you go, Itachi-san!" she chirped. His eyes softened.

"Thank you very much, Sakura." he murmured. He patted her head gently. She smiled at him brightly and hopped onto the seat beside his bed. Outside, the sky roared and the clouds flashed in the darkness. They conversed for a long while about trivial things, but even if it was just small talk, Sakura was enjoying every second of it. Itachi slipped off his glasses.

"Could you please put these in the drawer next to you?" he asked. She nodded and pulled open the drawer, but then gazed curiously at a picture she saw inside.

"Itachi-san... who's the boy in this picture? He kinda looks like you." she said. She then saw the strangest thing. Itachi's eyes faded from its usual red, becoming a slightly cloudy black.

"He's someone I knew long ago." he answered softly. Sakura cocked her head to the side.

"Is... Is he one of the people up in the stars?"

He shook his head.

"No. Absolutely not. But..."

Itachi shook his head and sighed, giving Sakura a small smile.

"In due time, Sakura, I will tell you the story."