prologue ❨ i ❩

✩•̩̩͙*ೃ˚

✩•̩̩͙*ೃ˚.𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒.

𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 ━━━ ❨ part one ❩

━━━ ❨ 𝐟𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

     THERE WERE A LOT OF WORDS THAT DESCRIBED AMALTHEA ALPHA BLACK. As expected, she was strong, independent, and brave—she was a Gryffindor at heart, and also a perfect mixture of her parents. She stood up for her friends, played on the Quidditch team with pride, and annoyed Minerva McGonagall to no ends. But when it came down to looking at the Lily Evans, in the past, in the eye, it seemed as if all her confidence left her to fend for herself.

    Behind her, were Marvette, Alexis, and River, who were quivering in their clothes just by the severely intimidating stare the woman—well currently, teenager, was sending them. It was worse because well—it was still strange conversing with their best friend's mother who was dead back in their timeline, but also because behind her were the young versions of Marlene McKinnon, Dorcas Meadowes, and Mary MacDonald, who had as equally hardened stares as their friend—also, all of them, Lily not included, were their mothers, so it was a lot scarier.

    "Can I help you?" The Black heiress managed to compose her usual stoic nature, it was a posture she usually wore whenever she wasn't around her friends and family—alright, so now it was a constant thing, at least after what happened in the future—woah, she shook her head rapidly to immediately rid of the thought. The future was something she did not need to think about right now. Behind her, Marvette Halley Lupin fiddled with the golden Time Turner around her neck anxiously.

    Most of them knew that their mothers were so badass back in the day and they absolutely loved it—well only Thea and Marvette did because their other friends' mothers were dead—at least in the future.

    "Yeah. You can tell me why the fuck you look so much like me." Marlene McKinnon was pissed and confused whilst her finger pointed at the twin-like girl in front of her. After hearing her best friend out, she had begun to realize just how much the strange new girls looked like specific people in their year, including themselves. Beside her, Lily was raising an eyebrow, Mary gaped at Marvette as she began to realize, and Dorcas glared murderously at the four young girls.

    If it wasn't such a horrid situation, all of them would've been laughing at teenager Marlene's poor choice of wording.

    It sounded hilarious.

    By now, Thea would have replied with some sort of snarky comeback—but she didn't. She made a huge mistake in the future, and because of that, every single person she ever knew or loved, was dead. It scarred her—it was severely traumatic, and a day never passed by without her blaming herself for it.