“Sounds like Oikawa’s fangirls,” Iwa said continuing to eat his lunch. 

“Are they? You shouldn’t worry your pretty head about that Sakura-chan. They’re just jealous.” Oikawa said smiling at her. Ren’s cheeks flushed up and she looked away. Pretty... She thought.

“Yea but… I don’t like the attention.” She said, staring at her lap again. 

“Don’t worry Sakura-chan I’ll protect you!” He said, still smiling at her. 

“You better do that.” Ren turned her head around to see who had said that and there standing in the room was Mitsuki Tao. 

“Mitsuki what are you doing here?” Ren asked her expression showing that she was confused. 

“You took after class so I followed you.” She said. 

“Is this your friend Sakura-chan?” Oikawa asked peering at the girl in front of him. 

“Mitsuki Tao. I’m Ren’s best friend.” She said pulling up a chair to sit next to Iwa and across from Ren. “You better keep that promise though. I don’t want Ren going through stuff because of you.” She said her expression telling everyone she was dead serious. 

“She’s right Oikawa. Keep your fangirls in check.” Iwa said speaking up for the first time in a while. Oikawa sighed then pinched the bridge of his nose then spoke up. 

“Alright, alright. Don’t worry Tao-chan I’ll make sure no one hurts Sakura-chan.” Oikawa said bringing back the fangirl smile. 

“If anyone does anything to you just let us know, okay?” Iwa said looking up at ren. 

“Mm! Sure. I don’t have any way of contacting either of you though.” Ren said her face a little down. 

“Oh true. Hand me your phone real quick. I’ll put in my number.” Iwa said. Ren handed him her phone and he began typing in numbers. Her phone had a pale blue case with a branch of sakura on it. “Done.” He said giving her a warm smile. 

“I wanna put min in too!” Oikawa said trying to grab the phone out of Iwa’s hand. 

“Just ask, you're gonna break my phone,” Ren said annoyed. Iwa handed him the phone and he put his number in.

“Here Sakura-chan,” Oikawa said smiling at her and handing her back her phone. She looked at her phone to see two new contacts. Iwaizumi being the more modest rough of the two put his name in as “Hajime Iwaizumi.” That’s pretty formal Ren though laughing a bit to herself. Oikawa being the flirt that he is, put his name as “Oikawa” with a bunch of hearts. 

“Hey! What’s with all the hearts Oikawa-san?!” She asked shoving the phone in his face showing him the name he had put in. 

“I put them there cause you love me Sakura-chan.” He said not entirely meaning it. He was just teasing. But Ren’s reaction took him off guard. She stared at him as her face got red, looked away then clasped her hand over her mouth.

“H-hah?!” She said her face was still red from his comment. She reached into her bag then pulled out her lunch and started eating. Oikawa looked at Iwaizumi confused as to why she reacted like that. Iwaizumi shrugged not knowing either then glanced at Ren.

“You doing alright there Ren?” Mitsuki said looking at her friend kind of concerned. She had already gotten her own lunch out and started eating. 

“Huh. O-oh yeah, I’m fine.” Ren said. No one questioned it again after that and the four of them ate their lunches together. 

School had finally finished and Ren walked out of her class. She waved bye to Mitsuki and then headed off for the club room. People were still staring at her but she just ignored it cause she was so used to it by now. 

As she walked to the club room she noticed a group of girls talking to each other. But as she got closer to them they looked over at her glaring at her. They must be Oikawa’s fangirls, Ren, though trying to walk past them. 

“Hey.” One girl said. Ren spun around to look at the group of three girls. 

“Uh, yea…?” Ren said looking at them. She slipped her hand into her bag to reach for her phone when one of the girls said something. 

“Why were you alone with Oikawa last night in the boy’s gym.” A different girl asked. Ren grabbed her phone opening up her messages, hit a name then hit record on the voice memos. 

“I’m on the Girls Volleyball team, I asked Oikawa-san to teach me how to serve,” Ren said her voice calm. She knew better than to get upset in this kind of situation. I’d only make her look worse. 

The third girl scowled at her and said, “Yeah right, you just wanted to get close to him.”

“That’s not why. I wanted to learn how to do a jump serve because I play volleyball.” Ren said trying not to let her anger show on her face or in her voice. Her finger stayed on that record button. Please let this work. 

“You expect us to actually believe that? Just stay away from Oikawa, he clearly wants nothing to do with you.” The second girl said. Ren looked at them blankly. Oikawa wants nothing to do with me? What do they know… She thought trying not to get upset. It was hard. 

“You don’t know anything. Stay out of things that have nothing to do with you.” Ren said. She failed, her anger was definitely showing. She still had her finger on that record button and it was starting to hurt a bit. She walked off or at least tried too. 

“Why don’t you just stay away from him?!” The first girl said grabbing Ren’s arm. The one recording, the message had sent. 

“Ah!” Ren said in alarm. “Let go of me!!” She yelled at them flailing her arm to break it free. The girl tried to hit her but she dodged it by ducking. If this was any other shoujo romance story this would be part where the male protagonist comes in to save the main character. But these girls forgot one small detail. Ren is on the volleyball team and works out regularly. 
Ren elbowed the girl in the stomach breaking her arm free. She grabbed her phone which had fallen while she was flailing her arms and started running. The two girls yelled their friend’s name making sure she was okay. Ren ran towards the boy’s gym running full tilt. The three girls tried running after Ren, but were no match. 

Iwaizumi’s phone vibrated and he looked over to see one new message. Confused by the strange message he picked up his phone to get a better look. It was from Ren.