Chapter 10

"All student organizations are henceforth disbanned. Any student in non-compliance will be expelled."

You and Luna slowed your pace, listening to the intercom echo off the archaic walls of the castle. She looked at you with wide blue eyes, and you shrugged.

"Well I doubt that's going to stop anything," you said, reigniting your walk down the hall.

"That's true, I suppose," Luna nodded, steps bouncing, her light hair along with them. "How was her class today? Anything exciting?"

You rolled your eyes. Was Umbridge ever?

"Same as always. Textbook. Writing. I still haven't really talked to Draco, so that's a little weird. I always feel like he's watching the back of my neck." You sat by Hermione exclusively.

"Well, do you still want distance from him? I know you talked about how he was important to you."

The two of you turned a corner, now nearing the courtyard.

"He certainly holds some level of significance in my life, and It's not like they made me choose or anything. It just seemed like the right thing to do, you know?" You rubbed the back of your neck, and Luna took your free wrist, sitting you in one of the archways surrounding the yard. You had some time before you were going to meet the others for lunch.

"If that's how you feel. I think it's very mature of you, all of it. Not that anythings set in stone, but you made this decision for yourself, and sometimes stepping back really helps give some perspective." She smiled warmly.

How did she always know the right things to say?

"I'll talk to him again, I'm sure. It's just been a bit weird- moving in a direction I don't feel right with. Maybe if there was more foundation? I feel like he can certainly be sweet when he wants to... But he's got skewed morals," you concluded. Luna was used to your tangents about things like this, and she never minded them.

"I am proud of you, Tabitha," she said gently. "You're making good choices on hard decisions."

"Thank you, Lune." You smiled at her. She was always so supportive. Where had she been all your life?

~~

The Great Hall was warm and charming as ever. You could see a few teachers conversing at the staff tables.

"Flabitha! Nice of you to join us!" Ron raised his arms in greeting as you slid into the bench next to Hermione.

You hung open your mouth. Flabitha?

"Oh bloody hell, I'm only joking!" Ron said upon seeing your face. Hermione mirrored your expression.

You flicked the air, sending a small force of impact onto his forehead. It made a tiny noise.

"Ow!" he said, clutching the spot. You pursed your lips as to hold back the smile they clasped and looked down, pretending to scratch the wood of the long table.

You cleared your throat, looking up. He shot you daggers, a mischievous expression playing his features.

"Do you know of any place to meet ye-"

Ron cut you off by kicking your shin. Hard.

Your face immediately screwed up, and you brought your knee to your chest hugging the spot.

"Ron what the FUCK!" you said at a rather high volume. A few people looked in your direction, some with food stuffed in their cheeks.

"Oh-" he began, face becoming concerned upon your curse. The area pulsed and you looked up at the floating candles momentarily before bringing your head against your knee.