Chapter 15: scrubs

When I woke up I was lying in a hospital bed. I had an hospital gown on and a bandage round my wrist. My mother sat asleep in the chair next to me. I gently tapped her shoulder making her stir. She lifted a sleep head and looked at me with a concerned look.

"Oh mina" she sighed and gripped my hand

"What on earth were you thinking?" She asked. I felt my face drop, I dropped mums hand.

"I don't know, I just hated myself" I answered. Mum winced. She stood up and brushed down her dress. She stroked my face then made her way to the door.

"I'm getting a coffee, do you want something?" She asked. My stomach growled and I nodded just as mum disappeared out the door. I pushed myself and reached for a glass of water on my bedside table but I knocked it off the table. It loaded with a loud smash, a man in a suit raced into the room. I was shocked and disappointed that it wasn't Danny.

"Is everything all right princess??" He asked. I nodded.

"Where's agent spittle?" I asked. The man stood a little straighter like I'd offended him.

"No offence its just he's my bodyguard" I added. The agent looked awkward.

"Well, I thought you knew?" He asked, I tilted my head

"Knew what? I only just woke up" the man shuffled from foot to foot.

"Um agent spittle has been moved from your personal protection to that of your cousin" my heart broke. My cousins lived in a country mansion 15 minutes from the family. If my father and Brother died than uncle would take the throne making him a target. He has 1 daughter who's Sar's age.

"W,why?" I stammered. The agent, if possible, looked even more awkward.

"It was by personal request that he was moved" he answered. I felt my eyes well up, had I really hurt Danny that much.

"Oh ok" I quietly said.

"I'm agent Lockley. I will be taking up his position" he stood proudly. He was young, not as young as Danny but mid to late 20's. I smiled weakly at him.

"Sorry about all the questions but when did Dan-agent spittle file for his move?" I asked. Lockley pressed his eyebrows together.

"I think it was once he dropped you off at hospital" he answered. I slumped low in my bed. Trying to not cry.

"Oh" I whispered. Obviously Danny had had enough of me already. It's funny how quick so called feelings could change. I sat up again and pushed back my covers. Lockley looked shocked. He stepped forward slightly then stopped himself.

"I don't think you should get up princess" he said. I smirked slightly.

"Obviously they didn't tell you, I don't tend to listen that what people tell me to do" I answered. I stood up and my head spun. I stumbled slightly, Lockley appeared at my side and held my elbow.

"I really think you should lie down until a doctor had seen you" his voice was strained and he had pleading eyes. Ignoring him I started to walk forward, obviously giving up Lockley supported me as I walked through the hospital. When we reached an information desk I asked for directions to Luchia's room. The lady directed me. Lockley, as we walked found a wheelchair and sternly made me sit in it. He pushed me the rest of the way while I complained, saying I could walk.

"I'm not having you faint on my first watch" Lockley said, I'd laughed at that. As we made our way through the hospital we talked. I asked him about his family and unlike Danny he answered instantly.

"I have a wife and a baby girl, they're both so beautiful. My wife's name is Lilia and my daughter is called Katy" he said he'd show me pictures one day. I was beginning to like Lockley, but he wasn't Danny. When we reached luc's room I rushed in. She was lying in the bed looking thin and pale. Her brown hair was thinner and hung limply around her thin face, I covered my mouth to hold back tears. My father was by her side, he lifted his tired face when I walked in. He looked relieved and scared at the same time.

"Aramina" he walked over to my and cupped my face

"My dear, what happened?" He asked. I sat in a chair and explained everything to my dad, obviously missing out the parts about Danny, I told him I didn't know why I picked up the knife but I knew for sure I would never do it again. As I apologised luc stirred.

"Mina" her voice was harsh and croaky. I rushed to her side, a lump in my throat.

"Hey baby luc" I said taking her hand and squeezing it. She smiled a radiant smile that was contagious.

"How have you been?" She asked, she noticed the hospital gown and bandage round my wrist. She pressed her delicate eyebrows together

"What happened?" She asked. I cupped her face letting a tear fall from my eye, it landed on her cheek. I pressed my forehead to hers and let more tears fall.

"I wasn't strong like you, that's all" I answered. Luc sighed

"I'm not strong though, if I was strong I wouldn't be here" she replied. I cried even more,

"No baby luc, you're so strong. I've never met someone as strong as you" I said. Luc suddenly went very pale. I stood back, shocked. She started to shake slightly.

"Dad!" I yelled, dad spun round from talking to Lockley and rushed over. Luc threw up, not sick tho, blood. I stumbled backwards.

"NURSE!" Dad shouted, 2 nurses came rushing in and pushed Lockley out. I pushed and tried to stay but Lockley pulled me out.

"Princess come on" he pleaded. I pushed him and tired to run into the room but he held me back,

"Let go! Let me go!" I shouted, nurses came running over trying to calm me down. Lockley quickly told them to back off and he escorted me into the nearest family room. Where he sat me down.

"You have to calm down princess, if princess Luchia sees you like this how would she feel?" His words hit me. I'd freaked out right in front of me. Guilt consumed me and I put my heads in my hands. I could feel my back shake because of the tears. Lockley stood by the door, obviously keeping to the rules of not getting personal with the person he's protecting. At that moment the only person I truly wanted was my mum, I needed someone to hug and cry with. So much for being strong.