Chapter 26: Thomas

Mina's PoV

I lay waiting for news from Danny and Bamba. It took me a while to remember everything and when I did all I felt was anger. Vince had betrayed me and almost killed me. He had almost killed Danny, that made my blood boil. All the lies, all the betrayal. I doubted any of Vince's and I's relationship was real, I doubted any of what he told me was true. I never thought someone so close to me would betray me. The only thing that stopped me from losing my cool on at least a million different occasions what the fact that I had Danny waiting for me, I may have lost my baby sister but I still had my Bamba, Sar and my parents.

The nurses who tended to me were kind and soft but still I waited for my family to return. Danny had told me all about his theory of the terrorists being in the mountains. It was a dull morning 2 days after they'd all left for Aradona when someone knocked on my door. I looked up to see Lockley with a bunch of flowers and a hug grin on his face.

"Lockley!" He smiled and walked over to me and hugged me,

"Oh you walking disaster" he teasingly said rubbing my forehead and ruffling my hair, "I'm glad you're ok, the misses made me get you these" he said thrusting the flowers in my face. I sneezed loudly and Lockley laughed.

"Any news from home?" I eagerly asked. Lockley sat down chuckling,

"That's classified Princess" he answered. I pouted and frowned at him, after a minute or so Lockley caved,

"Aw Aramina you know I hate that face" he said in a whiny voice "fine, they've found them. Over 50 people have been arrested including the whole of the Gama line. I really think your parents should be the ones to tell you this next part" he said stopping. I slapped my thigh,

"You can't say that and not finish!" I wailed. Lockley sighed and muttered something along the lines of should have come when she was asleep.

"Someone else has been arrested, someone quiet close to your family. That's all I'm saying princess" he said raising his hands in a surrender position "I'm here on guard duty and just thought I drop in, now I'm returning to my post before you get anymore information from me" he said, I laughed and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you Lockley, for everything I know I can't have been easy" I said, Lockley stood up and stretched.

"I've had worse" he made his way to the door the turned to face me, "Good luck Princess, I hope everything goes well for you" then he was gone, and I was alone again.

5 hours later I was on a laptop that my parents had brought with them for my use. I was watching The Vampire Dairies dreaming about how sexy Damon was when an email popped up. It was from my fathers private email account,

Dear my Mina,
We did it, we found them and have arrested over 50 persons. I can't believe it little one, you're all going to be safe again. I'm emailing you to tell you some difficult news that might be hard for you to process, I wish in a way that Spittle was with you when you read this, but hes got a lot on his hands after resigning, (which I forgot to mention actually, I'll explain when I next see you, long story short- he refused to leave your side so resigned) because I'm not to sure how you'll take it. That man who kidnapped you was an ex-bodyguard of yours, I guessed you'd have already sussed that out. When he left us he was hired by the Gama's, we believe they fuelled his hate for us (and you of course, you really know how to rub people up the wrong tree even though you were 10). He was only with the Gama's for a few months and it was kept very hush hush. After 4 months he moved on, he was placed in charge of Tasmin Dumais.

As I read I felt a gasp escape from my lips but continues to read on even though my hands were shaking.

Tasmin and Grey (the ex-body guard and your kidnapper) had an affair. Tasmin fell pregnant, and had a lovely baby boy. Despite the hard times The Dumais remained a family, Grey was removed from service and Tasmin acted like it never happened. Her baby boy was called Thomas, (the public were told it was Rupert's baby, as were the boys, they believed Thomas was their full brother) when they were driving back from the hospital after a check up they were involved in a crash (well the Nanny's car was)

It was all coming back to me, when Tasmin and Rupert's week old baby boy died in a horrific car crash, it was 6 years ago now, I was 11, and was kept very quiet. I'd practically forgotten it had happened.

You see Aramina, a young boy was driving the car. A 16 year old, he was working for us. A trainee in the Kings guard, a spy prodigy. He was coming to your aid Mins, you were in trouble and he was the closest to you. He raced as fast as he could, too fast. His car rammed into the car carrying the Dumais nanny and baby Thomas, both died instantly. The boy driving the car suffered severe head trauma and forgot everything that happened, his name was Danny Spittle

My heart stopped and my hands shock uncontrollably, Danny had killed Thomas, Danny didn't know he'd killed Thomas, the Dumais wanted Danny dead.

I know you may seem shocked about this, we have informed Spittle. He had no relocation of the event so we lied to him, we told him he'd hit his head training. If he knew he'd killed a baby we'd have lost him, we needed him Mina he was incredibly talented. So, I know you're clever enough to have put 2 and 2 together. Grey wanted to kill Danny, he somehow knew the truth. Danny had killed his only child and he wanted revenge. When he found out Danny worked for us and was on his way to help you, his hatred for us grew. He joined with the Gama's once again and they began plotting. 2 years ago Tasmin found out the truth also, she joined them and also plotted against us. Rupert and the boys had no involvement but our closest and oldest friend betrayed us. Tasmin was your mothers maid of honour for crying out loud. Anyway I'm writing this very long email to tell you that we're now all much safer, Danny is safer albeit shaken up but he's ok. We're all ok Mina and you're going to be ok too, we've walked out of this with our head high and always will. I don't want you to think badly of Rupert and the boys, they're all heartbroken and feel as betrayed as Us. I hope to be with you soon, Sarena sends her love from Aradona and told me to tell you that You need to hurry home. I'll see you soon my little fighter
All my love
Dad x

I sat in silence just staring at my computer, my hands were shaking and the heart monitor beside me was beeping faster and faster. I stared at the computer for so long my eyes began to water, I couldn't decide if they were tears or not. Nothing could have prepared me for that email, nothing.