3| Letters

Hello, sad content warning.

Hope you like it-

"Um excuse me, Miss Bukater?"

I turned around and saw an officer standing behind me, holding a stack of envelopes.

"What is it?" I asked him.

My daughter had been missing for few days. Cal and hers wedding was supposed to be yesterday but she did not show up. Cal and I just couldn't find her anywhere.

"Sorry to bother Miss Bukater, we found it in the mailbox, uh, you should take a look at it." The officer lowered his head and jogged away.

I tore open the first one and took out the piece of letter.

Dear Jack,

    Cal got drunk tonight and he hit me again. I got a purple bruise on my waist and my arms. My face is red and swollen from him slapping me, and my mouth tastes like old pennies. I'm not sure you want to see me this way because I look so ugly and disgusting. It hurts so bad Jack, so bad. I don't want to live anymore. But don't worry, I still remember promising you that I won't give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. I miss you so much, how are you? Please write back.

Love,
Rose

Tears started to well up to my eyes as guilt flooded over me.

Rose told me a lot of times that Cal hit her, but I simply ignored her because I trust Cal to take care of my Rose. But I did not know it was that bad. 

Oh my child, my poor child. Seems like she suffered from some brain trauma too since Mr Dawson is dead. I should have trusted and treated her better.

I wiped away my tears using my handkerchief before anyone could see me crying as I carefully opened another envelope.

Dear Jack,

    Remember that wedding I had told you about? It will be held next week. I don't want to go, Jack, I love you, but why do I have to marry Cal again? Oh right, if I don't my mom's going to work as a normal human being instead of sitting here and have a luxurious life, so she forces her OWN DAUGHTER to marry a guy she doesn't like and abuses her. Dammit, life isn't fair! All she wants is money and luxury life but what about me? Is it so important that she would make her daughter marry a guy she doesn't love? Does she even love me? Sorry to bother with all these stupid questions.

Love,
  Rose

"Oh my goodness!" I exclaimed. Am I really treating my daughter that bad? And seems like Rose really loves this Mr Dawson. I started to feel bad for forcing them to get married.

"What's wrong Miss Bukater!" Cal said as he rushed towards me.

"Well, nothing. You may leave now. I want some space." I answered calmly, trying to hide my angriness towards him and sadness.

"Seriously what is that!?" Cal raised his voice and asked again.

"I said, you may leave now," I cleared my throat.

"All right then." Cal frowned at me suspiciously before walking away

I quickly flipped the envelops and search for the newest letter, and found one, written three days ago.

Dear Jack,

    The wedding is on tomorrow. I'm so sorry Jack I just can't do this. I'm sorry that it's not our wedding, and you are not here. I miss you so much. I'm so so sorry I'm about to break the promise. I'll come and see you in a minute. I love you.

Yours forever, 
Rose

I sob escaped my mouth and I covered my mouth immediately as my knees buckled.

My daughter-

"What's wrong!" A crowd of people immediately rushed to my side as the world went black.

I'm sorry, Rose, my sweet beautiful Rose.

Oof so Rose and Jack have the happily every after in paradise ig. Happy ending :]