Chapter 1

Dedicated to TriciaDehler
              Salem,Massachusetts
                 July 15th,1803

Thud!!!

The sound of a door hitting the wall was heard followed by shuffling of feets. A key was placed into a keyhole and an iron door was opened. The feets proceed into the passage passing several cells untill they finally stopped in front of a cell. The cell was unlocked and a woman was pushed inside,she has dark curly short hair which was greased and her clothing was dirty. Inside the cell were three person(s), a man and two women. The man has a haggard look and dirty blond hair so scanty it almost looked bald. One of the women in the cell has an umkept long brunette hair,while the other woman has long dark hair and looked deranged. The cell was locked and the guards walked away murmuring amongst themselves.

  Moriah stood in a corner of the cell staring at the three inmates unsure of what to do. The man beckons on her to come closer and sit with them.

  "I'm Giles Corey and this is my wife; Martha.." the man introduced pointing to the brunette hair woman who was close to him."...and this is Dorothy" he pointed to the dark hair woman "she has been here as long as I can remember" he said.

"What is your name?" He asked

"Moriah,Moriah carter" she mumbled

"Ah.. Welcome to the club. I know this is not the best place to be but I want you to feel comfortable staying here with us" Giles said.

"What story brought you here?" Asked Martha.
Moriah mumbled to herself and looked away.

"It's okay if you are not ready to ko Martha said

"you can tell us some other time" said Giles.

" I was accused of attending a witch gathering because I was spotted coming from among the bushes with some herbal plants at an ungodly hour" said Martha.

  While Martha was speaking, Moriah's eyes wander across the cell. The cell was small in size,it has only one window which was close to the celling. She also noticed some sort of stain on the wall,she then looked towards Dorothy and saw her staring. She has been watching moriah since she arrived at the cell,when their eyes meet,dorotjy started laughing hysterically. Moriah felt a chill run down her spine. Martha abruptly stopped talking and look toward the direction of her.
Dorothy suddenly stood up and walked towards moriah's direction and stopped in front of her.

"You...you..." she said and laughed.

She then spoke in an unfamiliar language while looking at her and in the blink of an eye,she was back in her corner.

Moriah was a little shaken by the drama displayed by dorothy. It seems like the other two were familiar with her actions. After that little play, everyone huddled in their corner and fell asleep. Moriah lay on her corner been watchful until she suddenly fell asleep.

—————————
Hello,hola,bonjour👋
This story is part of a writer's contest TriciaDehler..
I hope I try😊

A/n:Vote and comment