Waiting on a Bench

Third Pov

  Lefty sits on a bench, and waits. He watches his friends walk by, and he stays unnoticed. He smiles as he watches his friends laugh and cry. He watches as they break and come back together. He watches them with a mechanical smile plastered to his face.

  "...". The one who sees him says nothing, because what can be said?

  Lefty notices him though, and he turns his head towards the newcomer. Though his smile cannot change, it feels brighter than it had been.

  "You....". Lefty laughed a bit. "You lived so much longer, than I thought you were going to.". Lefty says.

  "I know....and I'm sorry.". The newcomer says.

  "What is there to be sorry for Molten?". Lefty asked him, curious to why he would be apologizing.

  "Because I made you wait, didn't I?". Molten asks his friend, who just laughs.

  "I was going to wait no matter what, anything you did wouldn't change that.". Lefty tells him.

  The two animatronics say nothing more, enjoying the quiet, because it wouldn't last much longer.

  "You're going to wait for everyone else, aren't you Lefty?". Molten sighs.

  "Ofcourse, I have nothing better to do in the foreseeable future." Lefty responds.

  "You could always pass, you know that right?". Molten asks.

  "Yeah, I know. But...". Lefty pauses, thinking over his words. "But I don't want to leave them behind. I'll wait for all of them to be here, and then all of us can move on.".

  Molten doesn't say anything for awhile, until he says, "I guess you don't change even when you're dead, do you?".

  "Don't think so, to be honest, I don't even know how I'm a ghost. I'm an animatronic, shouldn't I just disappear? Just enter the unknown that is the endless void of emptiness?". Lefty wonders.

  "....".

  "....".

  "Lefty, that made absolutely no sense.".

  "I know, but-".

  "Lefty, no. I've pondered my existence enough already, I don't need you to make me ponder it again.".

  "But the void!".

  "No.".

  "But-".

  "No.".

  "....".

  "....".

  "So..... are you gonna stay here with me or move on?". Lefty asks Molten, totally not trying to avoid the previous conversation.

  "....". Molten doesn't say anything.

  "I mean, I completely understand if you wanna go. You've dealt with a lot of things and-".

  "I'll stay here.". Molten cuts Lefty off.

  "Wait, you serious? Thats great!". Lefty says, finally standing from his spot on the park bench.

  "....". Molten looks at Lefty's torso.

  "What is it? Why are y- ohhhh". Lefty finally understands why Molten is staring at his torso.

  "Does that still.... hurt?". Molten inquires.

  "Oh this?". Lefty points at the gaping hole in his torso. "Nah, it doesn't even sting anymore.".

  "Well that's just great, that means it hurt before?". Molten asks Lefty.

  "It hurt when I died, but not right now.  Same probably goes for you. You kinda got blown up a bit.". Lefty says.

  "...A bit? You saying that explosion was small?". Molten says.

  "Yes, a very tiny explosion that was able to tear you and the building in half.". Lefty says sarcastically. He looks up and stares at Molten.

  "Lefty?".

  "....why did you do it?".

  "Do what?".

  "Save Bryan? Why did you sacrifice yourself for him?".

  "....".

  "....".

  "I really don't know. I just did.".

  "Huh.".

  "Is there an issue?".

  "No, just curious.". Lefty says, pausing before he says, "Want to go re-arrange Bryan's hotel room?".

  "You're the one that kept doing that? He wouldn't shut up about it for weeks!".

  "Is that a yes or.....".

  "Fine! But as long as I can put his computer in the pool.".

  "Absolutely brilliant! We just need to figure out how to tape the bed to the ceiling....".

  The two continue to talk as they headed to go absolutely wreck Bryan's hotel room.

  I guess some friendships do last past the ending, don't they?

  The End