Chapter:13

*Ashton's POV*

I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror for the last time. I had my hair into a elegant bun on top of my head and my make up was light. I was wearing a knee length black dress that hugged my upper body and flowed out at the waist. There was a slight knock on my door, tearing my eyes from the reflection of a sad girl.

When I opened my door I found myself staring into the gorgeous green eyes of my mate.

"It's time to go." Saxon stated quietly. I nodded my head and took the hand he had outstretched. Today was the day of Winston's funeral, myself and all of the rest of the pack would be attending. It had been so hard telling the pack.

We had told them yesterday,I remember the looks on there faces. Some of shock, anger, confusion, grief and many others. Winston was the packs beta, making him a very important person in the pack.

Saxon led me down the stairs and over to we're my brother and Lily were waiting. I nodded to them when we reached them. Most of the members of Saxons pack were coming to the funeral because they felt sorry for the loss.

I spotted Alice standing by the front door. It had been three days since it happened and Alice hadn't been taking it well at all. She refused to come out of her room and she wouldn't eat. Looking at her now I could tell that she hasn't gotten any sleep either.

She had dark bags under her eyes, eyes that looked like all of the life had been sucked out of them. Her crazy red hair was done into a simple braid down her back and she wore a black lacy dress that hung below her knees.

"Lets go everybody." Reed said as he walked into the room. Nobody replied to him, only following him out the door and to the waiting cars. Reed also hadn't been taking it well. Winston was the best friend he had and I'm sure his loss was affecting him way more then he let on.

I got into Saxons sleek black car and closed my door behind me. We were taking the hour long ride back to our packs territory so Winston could be buried close to home. Saxon got into the drivers side and started up the truck. Things were tense between us because of a fight we had yesterday.

'Flashback.'

I was walking back to my room after Reed had announced the news at the pack meeting. I opened my bedroom door and walked into the familiar room, closing the door behind me I threw myself on my bed. I felt warm, slick tears make there way down my cheeks and I balked my hands into fist.

I had only let out a small, quiet sob when I felt my door open.

"Go away, I don't want to see anyone." I yelled to the intruder. The person grunted in reply but did nothing to listen to me. I sat up and began to yell at the person again.

"I said, go away." I yelled louder this time. Turning around I saw that the very rude intruder was, can you guess, Saxon. His eyebrows scrunched up in the most adorable way when he got a look at me.

"Baby are you ok?" He asked. I nodded my head but didn't respond. I still felt the tears running down my cheeks but did nothing to hide then from Saxon. He frowned as he watched a tear roll down my face.

"Why is this affecting you so much?" He asked, a edge of anger to his voice. I opened my mouth to answer him but closed it when he continued to talk.

"We're you still in love with him?" He asked but this time I was certain there was anger in his words.

"Of course not Saxon. He was a close friend." I replied, my voice shaking slightly. His eyes flashed black but quickly turned back to there normal color.

"No you are still in love with him, aren't you?! You wish that he was your mate instead, huh?! You probably wish it was me that died instead of him!" He yelled. I was taken back by Saxons words, why would he think that. Even the thought of Saxon dying had my wolf whimpering and my heart clenching painfully.