Brothers and Isobel part 1

Start from the beginning

"Yeah and Pearl is coming to." Elena responded with a smirk knowing that she hadn't guilted him into anything, he had offered. "I'm helping her buy some new stuff for her store."

"Have fun with that and say hello from me." Damon chuckled. "I have to go now, seems like my ride is here. Bye Elena."

"Bye Damon and have fun." Elena raised an eyebrow at John as she hung up the phone and said, "Sorry, you were saying?"

"Really?" John asked.

"What?" Elena looked at him with big innocent eyes.

"So, Miss. Zhu found some property to buy then?" John asked to change the subject.

"Yeah she bought dad's old office." Elena smiled.

"She can't have." John denied.

"Well, she did." Elena told him.

"No, really, she can't have." John repeated. "I have the last say in the selling of any property that used to belong to my brother and his wife."

"Until either me or Jeremy became legal." Elena nodded.

"Exactly!" John nodded. "And neither of you are off age and I haven't signed over any property to her so that means she stole it!"

"You might not have signed over a property to her, but I did." Elena smirked.

"You are not legal yet." John said with a glare.

"Not by age, no." Elena shrugged, still smirking. "But by emancipation? Absolutely."

"But...she's a vampire!" John glared at her.

"And...?" Elena drawled. God, he was such a hypocrite.

"She kills people!" John fumed.

"This conversation is boring me." Elena sneered and walked away.

XOXOXOX

"Come on Harper." Elena begged. "Can you just show us?"

Elena was sitting outside a fitting room in a men's clothing store with Pearl, waiting for Harper to come out in one of the outfits she had chosen for him.

"But what if I look bad?" came Harper's muffled voice from within the fitting room.

"You won't, I would never have you try on clothes that would make you look bad." Elena promised. "And if you don't like the style then we'll try something else."

"Okay." Harper said as he came out.

Beside her Pearl gasped and Elena smiled brightly. Harper looked really good in the dark blue dress pants matched with brown shoes and a brown belt topped off with a light blue button up shirt and a light grey coat.