The Date

Mike's p.o.v

Today was the day. Our date. I barely slept last night because I was so nervous and excited. I was bubbling with excitement as I went down the stairs from my room. 

"Mike, why are you so excited?" Nancy asked in an annoyed tone.

"Oh, it's because today I'm going on a date!" I said dancing around. Oh shoot. NANCY KNOWS NOW! SHE'S GOING TO TEASE ME! 

I stopped dancing and looked at Nancy. She had a daunting smirk on her face. 

"N-Nancy, p-please don't t-tell a-anybody," I said with puppy dog eyes. 

"Oh, I won't tell," Nancy said, "If you let me help you set it up," Nancy had a smirk on her face now, and it was really making me nervous. 

I thought about this for a second. MY SISTER Nancy wanted to help ME set up a date. It was honestly really risky, but I would rather do that then have her tell anyone. 

"Sure," I replied, still sounding a bit nervous. 

"Let's get this party started," Nancy said crossing her arms, definitely already having a plan. 

-------------------------

4 excruciating hours later, Nancy had gotten all the decorations, and food set up. There was a junk yard just a little while outside of Hawkins, and yeah it's a junk yard, but it was actually really pretty at night. And you could see lots of stars because of where it was. 

Sheets and fairy lights were strung throughout some of the junk yard, and there was a small table, radio, and basket in the middle of the set up that had cake, popcorn, eggos, and sandwiches.  

"Perfect," Nancy whispered to herself.

She was right. It looked so beautiful, and to be honest, romantic. I really hoped El would love it. 

"Oh shoot," I said. I still needed to get ready, and go pick up El. 

"What?" Nancy asked.

"I have to get ready, and go pick El up!" I stared to get really anxious. 

Before I could say anything else, Nancy grabbed my arm and ran to the car. I got in and buckled my seat belt as fast as I could. 

---------------------------

As soon as we got home, I ran to the phone that was in the kitchen, and dialed El's number. 

"Hello?" A deep and intimidating voice said on the other side of the line. Hopper. 

"H-hi, can I talk to Elanor please?" I asked. I didn't want to have to explain to Hopper what I was doing, because that conversation would be really awkward.

"Yes," He paused, "But first you need to tell me why," Darn it.

"Well, I was going to go and watch stars with her tonight and I was wondering what time she wanted me to pick her up," I almost whispered.

"Fine, but keep her safe," Hopper said in a warning tone. I released the breath I had been holding when he said that. 

"Hey," El whispered

"H-hi," I responded

There was a small silence until I realized what I wanted to ask her.

"What time do you want me to pick you up?" 

"Does 5:30 work for you?" She asked

"Yeah that works," I responded.

"My dad says we have to be back by 11:00 though," She added sounding a little sad. Why would she be sad? Did she want to spend more time with me or something?