The Mall

Mike's p.o.v

I need to let someone know about my crush on El. I don't even know how to deal with these types of things, so I could mess something up really bad, and I really don't want to do that. El was so perfect and amazing, and I really liked her, so if I never got at least a chance with her, then I wouldn't know what I would do.

"Hey Lucas, I need some advice," I whispered to him as we left Scoops Ahoy.

"Mike, if this is about El, just get her a present or something. Take her out to dinner maybe. Like on a date," Lucas said rolling his eyes. Was it that obvious that I had a crush on her?

"Thanks," I said as Lucas walked off.

If Lucas was right, then I would look for a present for her. I only have like $3.50 so it might be a little tricky. Maybe I can take her to go see the stars somewhere. Oh, and I can take a pic-nick with us too!

There was only one problem though. WHAT IN THIS MALL WAS LESS THAT $3.50 THAT WAS THOUGHTFUL? Maybe I could get her a little teddy bear or something, I don't know.

I walked around the mall for about and hour before I finally found the perfect gift. It was a little charm bracelet. It had Eggo waffle charms all over it. I think El will really like it because while we were unpacking, El was talking about how much she loved Eggos. One of the best things about it was that it was on clearance too! It was selling for $3.50 exactly!

By the time I had walked out of the store, I had about 45 minutes to get to the movie theater. Maybe I can just go a little early. It won't hurt. It will probably take me about 15 minutes to walk there anyway.

As soon as I got there, I saw El. She was sitting on the bench that was just outside of the movie theater. It was weird though because Max wasn't with her. It kind of made me nervous too. Being alone with my crush was something that was very new to me. Heck, having a crush was very new to me.

As I walked up to her, she looked over at me and smiled.

"Hey," She said, still smiling. Her smile was like the sun, it was so warm and bright, and it filled me with butterflies.

"H-hi," I responded sitting next to her. Oh, I need to ask her to dinner, "El, I was wondering, if you wanted to go star watching with me tomorrow night," I said, trying not to blush or stutter.

"O-ok," She said looking into my eyes.

It was like when we were at Scoops Ahoy, once her eyes met mine, I was lost in their honey colored depths. Her eyes were some of the most beautiful things in the universe. Suddenly it was like a magnet was pulling our faces together. My eyes flicked down to her lips, before resuming eye contact, and hers did the same. When we were about an inch apart, someone walked up to us.

We snapped out of it and looked up at a boy about our age. I didn't know him, but he looked familiar so he probably went to our school. He seemed like he was pretty popular, so I don't know why he would even be talking to me or El. Wait. He wanted to talk to El.

"How can I help you?" She asked putting on a fake smile.

"Did you just come out of an oven? Because your hot," He said, looking her up and down. It was obviously making her really uncomfortable, and that made me really angry, and I needed to help her.

"Actually, this is my girlfriend, so if you could leave her alone, that would be great," I said in a snarky tone.

"Well sweetheart, I hate to break it to you, but you could do much better," The boy said looking at El and gesturing to himself.