026

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Cassandra's POV

after everything my mom said, i realized i needed to let avani solve her own problems. that being said, i needed her to know i wanted to talk to her sometime.

i got a piece of paper and considered what i should write.

i wound up with three simple words.

'when you're ready.'

i went to the park and put it in the tree. and now i wait.

while avani's on my mind throughout the week, i don't let her be the only thing on my mind. i focus on my art, getting ready for (home) schooling to start. building a stronger friendship with charli and dixie. and then when my mind wanders back to avani, i smile about all the good things and hope she's doing ok. and then i'll make dinner, or sketch something.

it's now saturday, september 5th.

i wonder if avani has gone back to the tree

but i push that thought away and get ready.

while at the store, i decide to make a new jacket, putting aside the one i had started yesterday and meant to finish today.

the one i had originally made when i had avani in mind had been bought. so i was making a new one, just for her.

i don't even know if she wants to see me again. but this is a good way to get all my emotions out, and hopefully move on if necessary.

i think about the bouquet of flowers i got avani. all the different purples, different types, different sizes.

and i try and replicate that on the back of the denim jacket.

soon, the back is covered with the beautiful array of purple flowers. i decide to add some hints of pink and blue. not to be obvious, the colors just look very nice together, and add to it. i also add glitter to make it sparkle.

when i'm done, my mom comes over to look at it.

"that might just be the best one you've ever made," she says with a smile.

i think so too.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Avani's POV

i take out my phone to try and call cassandra, but i get too scared. i have no idea of whether she hates me or not.

after everything today, i thought this would be easy.

not at all.

i decide i need to take a second to breathe.

i drive to the park.

there are tons of memories here, which are inspiring.

the parking lot, where we danced in the rain and i truly figured out i wanted to grow old with her and dance in the rain a million more times with her.

the rainbow that came after, as if the universe was really trying to give us all the signs.

i see the tree where we used to leave letters because we were too scared to meet in person.

the fact that the letters was just a month ago and i feel nostalgic makes me laugh. crazy what can happen so fast.

i climb up the tree just to sit and look out over the park. it was a good thing i did.

i pull out a piece of paper that says, 'when you're ready.'

i smile at it. i look out at the park again, and then climb down.

i'm ready.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

e.j.'s notes:
this one is kind of short, but it's to prepare for tomorrow's chapter, which will be much longer.
this story is so close to being done and that's so crazy to me. thanks for being patient and sticking with me!