024

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

hi let's use our imaginations

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

204,829 likes | 8,637 commentstiktokroom: #madimonroe posted this of #avanigregg and a mystery girl

tiktokroom: #madimonroe posted this of #avanigregg and a mystery girl. what do we think? should we put them on #baewatch👀

luvanthony: thanks for letting me know she cheated
user: i'm so sorry
  ➜ user: don't worry, she's canceled now

joshrichards: hold on a second

lilhuddy: oh god

ameliezilber: what did i miss i—
user: don't worry, we're all confused

brycehall: that's fucked up
user: period

madimonroe: it was an accident, please delete this
user: avani "accidentally" kissed the girl in that picture too than??
  ➜ user: it's too late madi

charlidamelio: ://

user: wait but madi outed her that's not ok
user: and the other girl
  ➜ user: it doesn't matter, she cheated

user: so avani was playing the victim this whole time???
user: ig so

user: i did not see this coming
user: no one did😭

user: gonna go unfollow rq
user: same

user: i'm confused

user: wait so her and anthony broke up or—
user: he said she cheated so probably not😭

user: i don't even know what to think rn

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Cassandra's POV

looking at tiktokroom makes me want to scream.

they were very quick with it. like madi's post had only been up for like three minutes, and this post was up five minutes after.

madi is still shaken up. charli and dixie started by trying to comfort me, but i pushed them off so they moved to madi.

"she didn't mean that right?" i ask, pacing.

no one answers me.

"right?!" i ask again.

"i—i don't know," charli responds.

i sigh.

"avani said a lot of things there. there's a good chance she didn't mean half of it," dixie says. "like everything about you, madi, you know she loves you. she'll get over it eventually."

madi just nods.

i can tell she's genuinely upset, but i'm still mad at her as well.

i check tiktokroom again. the comments just keep on getting worse. i'm very grateful no one knows who i am right now.

i check avani's account.

she deleted the picture of us. that hurts.

after everything today, i didn't think she'd be able to walk away that easily. i guess i was wrong. i guess i don't know her as well as i thought i did.

"i'm gonna go," i say and start to get my stuff. no one bothers to stop me. girls night was ruined.

as i'm walking towards the door, i pass a mirror and realize i'm still in avani's clothes. i'm on the verge of tears when i finally pull myself away from the mirror.

it's only 9, but it feels like midnight. i walk quickly because i'm afraid.

it takes me 45 excruciating minutes to get home.

my mom is there.

"mija?" she calls after me. i tried to walk right past the living room and get to my room, but it didn't work. i sigh. i walk backwards, into the living room.

"yes mama?" i reply.

"are you ok?" she asks.

i start to break down. i shake my head.

"come here," she says and waves her hand to call me over. i fall into her open arms.

she holds me for a few minutes.

"tell me what happened," she says.

so i go back to the beginning. that night at the restaurant, all the way through today. and i give her all the details.

finally i show her tiktokroom.

she takes a second to gather her thoughts.

"you are not in the wrong here," she says.

"i know that," i answer.

"do you? it seems like you're blaming yourself," she says. she's playing with my hair now.

i struggle to figure out how to answer.

"this is not your fault," she says again.

i nod my head.

"but it sounds like avani needs you," i look at her.

she raises her hands in a surrender type way.

"i know, i know. but she's really hurting. and it's got to be hard for her to trust after anthony. she was wrong for what she did tonight, but she was acting on impulse. and she needs to get out of that relationship."

"i agree."

"she's gonna keep pushing you away, but you've got to keep pushing back," my mom says.

i nod. "ok."

"but maybe give her a little time. she might come back on her own, although it's unlikely."

i give a half smile.

"i love you," i say.

"i love you too mija," she says, and hugs me.

i get upstairs. i feel like i'm back to night 1.

i'm going to give her some space.

but i'm not done fighting for her.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

e.j.'s notes:
yeah!