22│THE LEATHER JACKET

Start from the beginning

Her eyes widened. "God, oh God Monica, I forgot. This is our first date."

"Yes but my mom got me this job," Monica huffed.

Rachel frowned and wrung her hands out anxiously.

Veronica sighed as she watched her best friend before she stood up. Joey whined at the loss of warmth and made grabby hands at her.

"I guess I can waitress for you," She volunteered with a shrug.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Rachel wrapped her arms around Veronica

"Really Ronnie?" Monica gave her a skeptical look, "Because, you know, you'd have to be an actual waitress. This can't be like your 'I can be nicer to Ross' promise."

Veronica rolled her eyes and gave Monica an annoyed look. "I can be a waitress, Monica. Besides, your only other option is no waitress which just might be your only option."

At the underlying threat, she grinned. "You're hired!"

"Does that mean you're going to pay me?"

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Wow," Veronica smirked flirtatiously at the older man, "Hi."

"Sorry we're late," Monica smiled goofily when the door opened.

"Oh, that's okay, come on in," Richard moved aside and ushered them in. He paused as his brows furrowed, "I'm sorry, is Monica Geller coming? I was told she was."

Monica laughed. "Dr. Burke, it's me."

His eyes widened in shock. "Monica? My God you used to be so... I mean you, you-you must have lost like... You look great."

"That was painful to watch," Veronica laughed and rolled her eyes when Monica glared at her, "All right, all right, I'm shutting up."

"Thank you. This is Veronica King. She's gonna be helping me tonight."

"Oh yes, I remember Veronica," He smiled teasingly at her, "Your eyebrows are a little different though."

"Haha," She laughed dryly, "You think you're real smooth, huh?"

Richard laughed before turning to Monica. "So, how ya been?"

"I've been great, just great," Monica grinned up at him, "How have you been?"

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Monica you will not believe what this bitch just said to me!" Veronica huffed as she stormed into the kitchen, not noticing that Richard and his friend were there too.

"Ronnie," Monica hissed as she swore up a storm about one of Richard's guests. She quickly pinched her and gave her a pointed glare.

"What?" She snapped, "I mean this bitch really had the audacity to tell me my skirt was too short and that I looked more like a hooker than a waitress!"

"Veronica," Monica growled and pointed her head to the two men who were watching her in amusement.

"Oh," She paused before she shrugged, "Well, them being here doesn't change the fact that Ms. Davis is a total bitch."

"She doesn't mean that," Monica laughed awkwardly before whispering heatedly, "Apologize. Now."

"Fine. I'm sorry that you heard that-" Veronica winced when Monica pinched her. She crossed her arms angrily, "What the hell, Monica?! I'm not going to apologize if it's true."