20│THE EVIL TWIN

Start from the beginning

"That's how radio stars escape stalkers," He glared.

"You're really lucky you're so pretty," Veronica sighed.

Before they could think of another idea they heard heels tapping against the stairs.

"She's comin'," Joey cried and the three rushed back into their apartment.

Joey pulled Veronica behind him and she gripped his shoulders in fear. He quickly grabbed the frying pan again and lifted it like a bat while Chandler grabbed a bottle of dish soap.

"And you made fun of him for the frying pan," Veronica huffed, "At least a frying pan will knock her crazy ass unconscious. What is soap going to do? Are you-"

"Okay, of all the bad times for you to complain now would be the worst!" Chandler glared at her.

A knock on the door had them jumping in fear. "It's me."

Joey paled as they slowly inched up to the door. "Uhh, this is it, this is how we're gonna die. Ready?"

"Wait, wait, wait," Chandler yelped before he opened the dish soap's nozzle, "Okay."

"I can't believe I'm going to die single!" Veronica wailed just as Joey threw open the door.

The three's eyes widened when they saw a beautiful woman standing in the doorway with a shy smile. Joey quickly lowered the frying pan and smiled charmingly as he subtly pushed Veronica off him.

Veronica gasped as she fell back into Chandler's chest and glared at Joey. "I hope she plucks off all his eyelashes while he's asleep."

"Hi," Erica giggled, her eyes trained on Joey.

"Erica," He grinned at her.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Joey had been on three dates with Erica so far and none of the friends liked it. She genuinely believed that Joey was Dr. Drake Ramoray, she even referred to him as such. They'd all told him he needed to break it off before things got ugly but he just ignored them. He'd even been ditching his nightly skincare routine with Veronica to hang out with Erica.

Veronica refused to be in the same room as Erica, not after the incident.

Joey had invited her over one night while Erica was there and it seemed she did not like how close Veronica and Joey were. When Veronica went to get herself a juice box from the fridge she'd turned around only to come face to face with a pair of scissors. Erica gave her an evil smirk before she walked away without a word as Veronica tried to catch her breath and stop her heart from beating out of her chest.

She watched with wide eyes as Erica strolled over to Joey and sat down in his lap like nothing had ever happened. With that, she turned on her heel and marched out of the apartment, ignoring Joey calling after her. She slammed the door to her apartment shut and went on a rant about what happened to the other friends.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"You're the only one who can save her Drake!"

"Damnit, I'm a doctor! I'm not God," Drake huffed.

"Well, there goes my whole belief system," Ross joked as the friends sat around the boys' living room watching the latest episode of Days of Our Lives.

They heard a knock on the door. "It's Erica."

Joey's eyes widened. "Oh my God, quick turn off the TV."