Chapter Seven

A/N: Forgive me for this being so short. It was a needed chapter in my opinion, but I couldn't think to add on anything other than wrote. Necessary but short.. Meh, well, Imma try to update again soon! Vote, comment, fan!

-Nerdy

"I cannot believe this, Meg," Madame Giry hissed angrily, snatching the rose from her daughter's hands, "How could you accept a gift from the Phantom, you insolent child!?"

"He only was being polite, mother," Meg explained, reaching out for the delicate rose, only to have it held out her reach from where she sat on her bed, "He just said he enjoyed my singing." Madame Giry shook her head, turning to walk to the wastebasket beside the door. She broke the rose's spiked stem and dropped both halves of the flower into the bin.

"There is no polite, Meg," Madame Giry growled under her breath, "Not with him. If you are not careful you will become his next obsession... You will not see him again, is that clear, Meg? You will do your job and then you will come to our room and stay until you are next needed. There will be no more Phantom and as for Florence, well.. she is no longer welcome."

"Mother!" Meg exclaimed angrily, "You cannot exclude the child from our lives! She sees us as mothers-"

"You are not her mother, Meg!" Madame Giry howled, furious, "Her mother is dead to her! She has no mother and you shall not be the one to fill that spot-"

"If I am allowed, I will in fact fill that spot for Florence," Meg interrupted fiercely, her eyebrows sinking into a most angry look, "You cannot stop me, mother. I am not a child any longer; I control my own life now!"

And with that, the room went silent. Meg laid down in her bed, turning her back to her mother.