Chapter Twelve

A/N: Tada! I have magically written all my lovely readers a new chapter in the five extra hours I have had this week due to weather :3 I hope you enjoy!! Vote, fan, and comment!! Also, what do you think of Olivier? And Phoebe?

__________________________________________________

"If I leave tonight, do you promise to be good, my dear?" Erik asked his daughter, glancing over at her as he donned his cape. Tonight he was planning to attend one of the new opera shows that, of course, starred Meg as the lead, and then he was going to see Meg in her quarters to congratulate her on the performance he knew would just be dazzling. He was hesitant to leave Florence, but a month had passed since the incident... No one had seen the 'Little Opera Ghost' since, and news of her had died down according to Meg.

"Where are you going, Papa?" Florence responded, running a brush through her hair, "To see Meg I do presume?"

"The opera," Erik told his daughter with a smile, "and then to see Meg." Florence nodded, standing from her bed and placing her brush down on the side table. Her father had not left Florence alone in quite some time, and she knew that her father wanted to see Meg desperately.

"I'll behave myself and stay in the tunnels," Florence promised. Erik nodded, knowing that was the best he would get. He knew the night he found Florence was not the first time she had snuck out- it was simply the first  time she had been caught. Erik should have known his teenage daughter would want to do her own thing, and so he was now letting her have a bit of leeway. In other words, he no longer confined her just to her room and didn't tell her when to sleep.

Erik left within ten minutes, and as soon as he had disappeared down the tunnel Florence dashed into the tunnel leading to the stables, grabbing a mask as she went. She wasn't planning on going out into them.. but watching.. That wasn't doing any harm was it? No, of course not. Slipping her mask on, Florence stretched her legs as she darted down the lightless path.

Florence almost fell as she stopped herself so suddenly. She didn't need to run into the passage door, or else it would pop open and reveal her. And by the sounds of chatter coming from the other side, that would not be good. Florence propped herself against the wall and then slid down it into a sitting position, listening closely as she heard a familiar voice.

"I'm telling you, she exists," that boy said. What was his name?

"Olivier you are full of lies," a female voice hissed. Olivier, that was his name! But, who were they talking about?

"Believe what you want Phoebe," Olivier laughed. There was a soft bang against the passage door which made Florence jump. He must be leaning back against the door... "I know she's alive and the she's here. I saw her."

"That was weeks ago, you fool!" the girl, Phoebe said angrily, "It was probably a poor girl who amazingly escaped you and your treacherous ways." The boy, Olivier laughed.

"Oh, Phoebe," he said, "You just hate me because you thought I loved you, when I told you what I do means nothing. And that girl was not just any old beggar. She disappeared into the wall!" Florence gasped softly. He was talking about her! She had disappeared into the wall- or at least that what it would seem like.

"Oh, you are a fool!" Phoebe squeaked angrily, her high pitched voice annoying Florence.

"I'll tell you what," Olivier went on and Florence could hear the smile in his voice, "I'm going to ask my little opera ghost for a sign. If she doesn't give me one, I'll drop this whole thing. But, if I do, you have to leave me alone." Florence heard the girl sniff indignantly. Oh, she would definitely give Olivier his sign, if only to get rid of the pest whose voice hurt her ears... "Alright, my opera ghost," she heard Olivier say loudly, "Give me a sign you are here!" Florence smiled, knowing just what to do. She picked herself up and then slammed her body against the wall she had just been leaning against. She heard the girl scream and had to cover her mouth up to restrict the laughter. However, if she had laughed, it would have mixed perfect with Olivier's own laughter.

"You have summoned a demon to kill us!" Florence heard Phoebe hiss. This time, Florence couldn't help but let herself laugh, rolling on the ground. What a trick she had played!

"I think the little Opera Ghost finds you amusing, Phoebe," Olivier chuckled as Florence shut herself up, getting off the ground, "Now, if you do not mind, I have work to do. I would leave before I summon an actual demon to make you keep your promise." The passage door creaked as Olivier lifted his weight from it.

"Oh you are such a rotten trickster, Olivier!" Phoebe huffed. Florence heard her storming off.

"Thank you, my friend," she heard Olivier whisper, before continuing in the same low tone, "Little Opera Ghost, if you are there and still listening, I would like to see you when the opera begins- no one else will see you, that I promise. Meet me in two hours time by the place we first met." Florence blushed, her eyes widening. He wanted to see her?! But what if her father found out? Perhaps she could ask him not to tell... Yes, that is what she would do, for he would surely understand she didn't want people to know of her presence. She was, after all, a ghost.