➹ 𝐈𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐨 𝐎𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐢

Start from the beginning

"Iguro-sama, the Queen has suggested for you to try this blend of tea. It seems to be able to help calm you down better than the usual," she spoke out and Obanai raised an eyebrow at what was going on and he accepted the cup of tea.

"Hm.." he mumbled out after taking a sip of the hot liquid and nodding his head did he put it back onto the tray and waved her off, where the maid took her leave then. He waited till he was alone then, hearing the sound of footsteps echoing through the room, and soon the door was shut.

"Sweet..." he softly whispered to himself with a soft smile on his face as he looked at Kaburamaru, tickling him gently beneath his head.

The attempts that the new Queen had seems to be rather annoying in the King's eyes. Whenever he woke up, she would be up and about fulfilling her duties as the Queen, but she would waltz back into the room they shared and she would greet him with a smile on her face.

No matter the attitude he had shown.

He noticed it for quite some time now, how she would instruct the Kingdom's cook and servants, what to prepare for the day. Which he was rather surprised, as he hardly speaks of what he enjoys, but instead, she observes.

There was once where he had fallen ill, where she took care of him. But it resulted in them drifting further apart despite how much she tried to be a good wife, a good Queen. He had refused to allow her to come near him when he was sick.

Refused to let her touch him and nurse him back to health. It resulted with the basin being thrown at her, hitting her harshly on the head where a bruise was formed. Yet, all those times, she only had on a gentle smile as she listened to him yelling.

And with just that, did words get out to the rest of the rival Kingdoms that the King was not getting along with the Queen, hence, an evil plan was plotted. No matter the attempt, it seems the bond between Obanai and [name] was getting weaker.

And eventually, it snapped on the very day where hell was brought upon the Kingdom.

"I told you time and again, this is nothing but just an alliance! Nothing more!" he snapped as he hurled the cake on the floor, not caring if it was creating a mess. His heterochromia eyes narrowed dangerously as he looked at the Queen, who stared at the cake.

It was his birthday, and she had noticed how he hasn't been feeling well in the stomach so she opted to inform the cooks of the Kingdom that the cake shouldn't be too sweet or filled with too much cream due to it being upsetting to his stomach.

Yet, when her deed was announced to the King, did he feel that she was overstepping her boundaries. How she meddled with his business no matter the number of times he told her to stop it.

She wouldn't listen.

And that smile on her face whenever she got scolded, he always wondered why she doesn't cry or let the smile disappear. She always wore it, no matter how bad of a scolding she was receiving.

He expected for her to continue smiling, to take the scolding she was receiving. But then he heard a sniffle and his heterochromia eyes widened as he looked at her. Her head lowered as her pink-tinted lips trembled.

"I apologize, this... Will be the last time I'm trying..." she whispered out as she turned to walk away, with nobody chasing after her. Nobody dared to go after her, given how the King didn't give any command to do so.

Yet, Obanai's eyes remained as the Queen left. And somehow at the back of his mind did he realize something was off. How she had decided to speak of what was on her mind after all these times.