11. Lost

Three months have passed since the demon hunt. Lin Zhou has been absorbing the demon beads one by one. Only few of them left in the sack.

Li Yan mind links Feng Nan, "These are the last ones. Are you sure you don't need them?"

"Nope. They are useless to me. I need demon cores from older demons."

"Cores?"

"Only demons older than five hundred years have formed their cores. They won't be so easy to kill."

Li Yan sighs. In his present condition, it's impossible to kill old demons.

He asks in his mind, "Feng Nan, how old are you?"

"A thousand years. More or less. I didn't exactly counting."

"Wow..."

"That's all you could say?"

Li Yan doesn't know what to say so he just claps his hands.

"Idiot."

That's the only thing Feng Nan says before breaking their mind links.

"Chirp! Chirp!"

Lin Zhou is jumping around wildly in the forest. She is chirping loudly as if she's wanting his attention.

Li Yan bends a little.

He asks, "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Suddenly a thick smoke engulfs Lin Zhou's small body.

She has transformed into a teenager girl after the smoke disperses

"Master..."

"Lin Zhou?" asks Li Yan in his shock.

"Master, I did it..."

The minute she said that, she got transformed back into a chick again.

"Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!"

Lin Zhou seems mad because she failed to keep her human form.

Li Yan chuckles and caresses her little head.

He comments, "Don't rush it. Just keep cultivating. Your power would grow in time."

"Chirp..."

Lin Zhou looks downward. She looks depressed.

"You are still young. Just take it easy."

Suddenly they hear Zhao Yang calls, "Junior apprentice brother, why are you still here? We are going to hit the road soon."

"Oh, yes. Sorry to keep you waiting."

Li Yan grabs his bag and follows Zhao Yang out of their dorm. The other disciples have been waiting in the courtyard.