The What Happened After That Was Never Written But Should Have Been

Scarlet Leaf was never really ever the same after Allie left. The old house was boarded up, the summerhouse was destroyed, and nobody ever walked through the grounds for at least another twenty years. In time, Kitten would come to terms with what had happened, and come back to the house and open it up again. But many years will pass before that happens.

Isabella Morris and Frederick Knight were both hung for murder, as Barnes was able to put together a blitzing argument in the courtroom using Allie's findings as a basis. Fisher still works as his deputy, and is still stuttery, still weedy and still very blind without his glasses, and sadly doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.

Reverend Carrington and the Ellises went home, the Ellises back to their home in Brighton and the glorious Reverend to his parish, where he continued to tell the story of the deaths at Scarlet Leaf for the next fifteen years. Sadly, Allie never kept in touch with Kate Ellis, and sometimes she wished she had.

Dr. Scott went back to his practice. He was a single man, living and working in Harley Street, and he was thoroughly happy. Lieutenant Newham seemed to slip off Allie's radar completely. He never wrote, although she had told him her address, and slowly, Allie began to move on from him.

Allie herself went back to 15A Praed Street, and related the whole tale to her older sister Isabel, who vowed never to let her take a governess post anywhere ever again. Allie didn't believe her for a second, and spent her days reading, being lazy and generally procrastinating, wondering if her services would ever be required again.

Thank you for reading!! Allie's next adventure is titled The Merryweather Jewel Thefts. Read it to follow Allie's story as she takes on a master thief, with the help of Newham, Dr. Scott, Fisher, and Barnes.

Rachel xxx