Part 3 of Falling for the Boss...

Start from the beginning

"You do realize what just happened right?" Chloe said, her eyes wide. I nodded again. "Hailey just said you're screwed. That isn't good. At all." She paused. "Your luck is out. You are screwed."

I looked around, then back at Hailey and Chloe. “Let’s sit down, before we bring any more attention to ourselves.” I said. Everyone was staring at us including a large group of girls from my university. I waved at them, and they waved back warily, probably still scared about our outburst.  They went back to their reading, and I went back to listening to the girls.

“Now, spill!” Chloe whined, “Tell us what happened!”

“Did you like freak out when you first saw him?! Did you faint? I bet you fainted, didn’t you? “ Hailey squealed, practically jumping up and down.

“Calm down! I will tell you once I get a coffee. You’re giving me a headache, seriously.” I muttered.

Chloe grinned sheepishly and Hailey giggled. I rolled my eyes and went up to the ordering counter. “Can I have a latte, please?” I said looking over at Hailey and Chloe. “You guys want anything?”

“Another coffee please!” Hailey said.

“No thanks!” Chloe said at the same time.

“Hailey, you’re not getting another coffee. You’re hyper enough. I’ll get you a peppermint hot chocolate instead, okay?” I replied.

Hailey pouted. “Fine.” She muttered.

I looked up at the guy that was taking my order for the first time; he was pretty cute, but not as cute as Mr. Matthews. Crap. Why did I just say that? I shouldn’t be saying that about my boss! What would my mother say if she knew I liked Mr. Matthews! She had always emphasized the importance of relationship boundaries. You never like a friend’s boyfriend. You never like a teacher. Lastly, you don’t like a co-worker or boss.

“So a latte and a peppermint hot chocolate, right?” He asked. I nodded and he turned around to the coffee machines to make the drinks. A minute later he turned back around with two cups in hands. “Here you go.” He said as he set them down in front of me. 

“How much?” I asked, getting out my purse.

“Don’t bother… It’s on the house.” He said, pushing my outreached hand with money in it.

“No! Let me pay!”

“Give me your hand.” He wrote a number on my hand. “Call me and you can pay me back for that coffee some other way…” He said flirtatiously.

I smiled at him and tried to not laugh. That was really cheesy. I grabbed the two drinks and walked back over to where Chloe and Hailey were sitting. I told them about what had just happened and Chloe laughed, but Hailey was obviously getting very impatient.

“I don’t care about that stupid blonde. Now, tell us about the guy from Starbucks AKA your new boss.” Hailey said rather loudly causing a few startled people to stop their conversations or look up from their books.

“Calm yourself, Hailey. I’ll tell you right now.” I said, before going into detail about EVERYTHING that had happened, from right after I dropped them at their houses up to when Mr. Matthews left me standing in front of my room not that long ago…

“Wait, so you don’t think he’s into you?” Chloe asked.

“No. He’s my boss. He’s being professional about this.” I replied.

“Are you sure? He seemed pretty into you at the shopping centre.” Hailey said.

I shrugged. “What am I going to do?”

“Do what your heart tells you to do.” Chloe said reasonably.

“Try not to slobber all over him.” Hailey said in her ‘Hailey-like’ way.

“Oh thanks, Hailey. That helped a lot…” I said before giving them both a hug and heading back to hottie’s-wait no, I mean Mr. Mathew’s- house to get some rest before starting my first day at my new job…

Once I returned, my multiple suitcases were sitting at the edge of my bed. I would unpack in the morning. For now, I wanted to get some rest before starting the first day of my new job tomorrow. 

Author's Note #2-

What did we think of this chapter? There was a lot of Natalie's two best friends in this chapter, so hopefully you feel like you've gotten to know them a bit better... Again, please vote if you like the story and comment with any feedback that you have. :) Thank you!

Question of the day... What was the last thing that you ate?

The last thing I had was steak with a sauce, rice, and vegetables. It was yummy.(:

Thank you for all of the support. Please read onto the next chapter!