Part 7 of Falling For The Boss

Author's Note:

Well, here is chapter number 7! This chapter is back to Natalie's POV. The chapter is mainly focused on her feelings of this whole situation, so I hope you enjoy it! :) Read, read, read.<3

I’m so confused. I had honestly been trying to forget about my feeling for my boss, but then, he started to lead me on. Then, he starts having mixed emotions, getting all jumpy and then all of a sudden in full outrage. I don’t understand. Was he feeling those same feelings that I had for him? Or, was he just doing this to make me forget my feelings? After I finished the downstairs banister, I went into the living room, but he never came down the stairs to leave for his meeting that had interrupted my private shower time. I flapped down onto the couch, giving up on cleaning temporarily, and flicked the TV on with the remote. I was caught up in Sky News when Harrington came and plopped down beside me. “Are you okay, dear?” He asked.

I thought of what to say. Really, how was I? I decided to be completely honest with Harrington. “I’m confused.” I replied. He nodded and slipped his arm around me in a fatherly way, comforting me with his calm breathing next to me. After a few minutes, I looked up at Harrington and spoke, “Harrington, have you ever had feelings for someone, even if you knew that you shouldn’t?”

He looked down at me with a small, amused smile. “Yes, I have, my dear… Do you know who my wife is?” I thought for a second and shook my head. He never had told me about his family, but I did want to know about them. “Well,” He said. “When I was in my last year of school, about to turn 18, we got a new teacher. She was very young, barely 21, and very beautiful.”

I looked at him. “Well, what does that have to do with your wife?” I enquired.

He chuckled. “She is my wife.” I looked up at him in shock; he had a relationship with his teacher? Isn’t that worse than having a relationship with your boss? Yes. Even if having a relationship with my boss wasn’t as bad as with a teacher, it didn’t mean it was acceptable for me to do it. He was my boss, the one that could tell me what to do, and the one that could fire me at any moment in time. It just wasn’t right for that to be mixed with romance. I couldn’t be with him, and I wouldn’t be; he didn’t like me. It was very simple, and all I needed to do was accept that.

I pushed back my thoughts and asked Harrington more about his relationship with his wife. “So, did you date each other when you were still in secondary school? Or, did you just like each other and waited until you graduated and went to university?”

“We dated while I was still in school; it had to be very secretive of course. We didn’t tell anyone, because if anyone found out, she would have been in HUGE trouble.” I nodded thoughtfully. “It was a huge risk, but it was worth it.” He continued with a reminiscing look in his eyes. I could tell he was thinking of many romantic memories that had been made.

“Did you ever try to stop yourself from doing this, or did she?” I asked, thinking of the situation that I was in.

“Well, I never tried to stop. I was merely a love-crazed, young school boy. Anna did of course; she always tried to convince me that this shouldn’t be happening and tried to back out, but she never went through with it. We were too in love to really realize the consequences that could have occurred…” He concluded. “I better let you get back to work, dear, but think about what I said, okay?” I nodded, and he patted my back before leaving the room.

I pushed my feelings aside and got back to work as Harrington said I should. I pulled myself up from the couch and pulled the mop, bucket, and swifter along behind me as I ambled into the kitchen. I grabbed the cloth from under sink and wiped down the counters, taking my anger out my scrubbing furiously. By the time I was done, the worktops were shining. Next, I did my least favourite job, cleaning and organizing the fridge. It was gross, just plain gross, but I did it with no complaints. I was getting paid for this; how could I complain?