"Good. Now you can go back to the parents, and I'll keep quiet about your homophobic tendencies."

Francesca nodded obediently and rushed back into the dining room, not even sparing another glance at Isaac.

"What the- How the?" Isaac had no words, he had never seen Francesca be so timid before.

"Turns out my sister isn't just obsessed with you, she's transfixed with the idea of us being together." Zavier frowned.

Isaac still felt a bit uncomfortable, and not just at the idea of them being together, "Isn't that fetishizing gay people?"

Zavier's frown turned into a smile, worrying Isaac a bit, "Are you gay Isaac?"

"No." How many times were people going to assume that he was gay?

Zavier put a thumbs up, "Then no, you have nothing to worry about."

"But-" That's not what he meant, and Zavier knew that, but still played on Isaac's exasperation.

Isaac hated the way Zavier would twist his words.

"Let's go to my room." Zavier didn't wait, and already headed for the stairs, only stopping when he heard Isaac's objection again.

"But we haven't finished eating."

"Isaac you haven't eaten one thing off of your plate, and don't try to deny that. It's just my room, I won't kill you."

"Okay." He mumbled, trailing up the stairs behind Zavier, and following him into his room.

Surprisingly, Zavier's room was tidy, and Isaac couldn't help but look at the photo frames on the side table of his bed.

He had been in his room before , and recognised the photo with an about 10 year old Zavier smiling with his mom. He had lost one of his front teeth, but his smile still beamed brightly.

As Isaac's eyes wandered, he noticed a new picture, that looked like Zavier and... him?

Isaac picked up the photo frame and pointed to it, "Is that me and you?"

In the photo, they were mid high five, covered in mud, but still smiling happily. It was the day they had done some kind of mud race in grade 6 to raise money for a charity.

"Uh-" Zavier cleared his throat, "Yeah, my dad probably put it there." He grabbed the photo from Isaac, and put it face down on his desk. "Anyways, I didn't invite you up here to inspect my room."

Isaac plopped himself on the bed, "Then what did you invite me up here for? Sex?" Isaac held a straight face until he saw Zavier's alarmed eyes, and couldn't help the laugh that came out.

"Please don't tell me you thought that I was serious." He spoke between laughter, watching Zavier's face turn into one of anger.

"I didn't. Shut up." But Isaac couldn't stop the laughter that increased. "You're such a fucktard."

"Great insult." Isaac clapped mockingly. "10/10 for originality."

"I forgot how fucking annoying you are. And that makes my next sentence much harder to say but..." Zavier sighed, clasping his hands together tightly whilst Isaac looked on and waited. "Iwantustobecivilwitheachother."

"Huh?"

"I said, I want us to be friends." Zavier mumbled, staring down at his feet.

"Is this a prank?" Isaac raised a brow in suspicion but Zavier shook his head, and sat down next to Isaac.

"I just think we should be more... I don't know... friendlier with each other. It'll make things a whole lot easier." Zavier shrugged.

Isaac remained silent, truly pondering over the offer. "You're not joking right?"