Chione - [Sword Fight]

Start from the beginning

       Arius raised an eyebrow. “I’m sorry, but I’m not the type to hit a girl and even if I were, we would end up making too much noise.” He said sitting back down on the fountain.

       “Then let’s have a sword fight!” I begged.

       He looked at me strangely.

       “Please! I want to see what you can do!” I said. I grabbed his arm and pulled him.

       He sighed. “Fine.” He got up and began to lead me somewhere. We walked into the palace and through the halls. The guards constantly asked where he was going; he just said that he couldn’t sleep.

       My face lit up as I followed him into a big room. I looked around; the room had no roof so it was lit up by the moon.

“This is the area where people train.” He said, he then walked through a door and came out with another sword. He handed it to me carefully.

       “Stop worrying; I know what I’m doing!” I beamed.

       He sighed. “I hope so,” He pulled out his sword, “Go easy on me.” He said, sarcastically.

       “Don’t worry, I will.” I smiled.

       He hesitated, so I was the first to move. Our sword clanged against each other, loudly. He frowned, “Must we do this?” He asked.

       I laughed, “We’re just having a little harmless fun!”

       “Harmless?” He scowled.

       “Stop hesitating and fight me like a man!” I said.

        “If this is harmless, no one gets hurt, right?” He asked, “So how do we know who wins?”   

       “The first one who goes down.” I said.

       “Goes down?”

       “On the floor silly!” I said.

       He laughed, “Alright, but I’ll warn you, I’m good.”

       “We’ll see about that!” I said.

       Our sword clanged against each other continuously for quite a while. I saw him raise his eyebrows, impressed by what I could do. “You’re good, for a girl.”

       I smiled. I had to admit, he was amazing, he was too quick for me to catch up to him and he was strong, even when he was only going easy on me.

       We both laughed a lot too; he seemed to find it funny when I got annoyed with his speed.

       After another while I finally thought I found a way to get him down. I knew where he was going to move so I tried my own little trick. But of course, I failed.

       He suddenly stabbed his sword into the ground, confusing me. He then took his fist and punched my sword right out of my hands. He did that in maybe two seconds, I didn’t even have time to think. He lifted his leg and tripped me, causing me to fall backwards, still shocked but before I could hit the hard floor, he quickly caught me by putting his arm under my waist and laid me on the floor, gently.

       He leaned over me, “I win.” He said, smiling at me. He then held his hand out and I took it.

       “Okay, fine. You’re good.” I said, pouting.

       He laughed and walked over and picked up both our swords, he put his back into his sheathe and put mine back into the room. He walked back to me. “You’re better than I thought, I’m surprised it took me that long to take you down.”