[The Expected, but Unexpected Guest]

[Chione]

I rushed through the crowd trying to find Tabia, and when I finally found her, I told her what happened. “What?” She yelled.

       I was glad that it was already noisy.

       “Can’t you two be a little more careful?” She asked.

       I felt my face go hot.

       Tabia sighed. “Okay, common, we have to find him.”

       We left the hall together, but right as we walked to the door, Arius walked in.

       We all stared at each other for a second, Tabia was first to speak. “Um… what did granddaddy say?” She asked, nervously.

       Arius smiled. “There’s nothing to worry about.”

       My mouth fell open. “Really?” I asked

       “But didn’t gramps see?” Tabia asked.

       Arius nodded. “But I managed to get him on our side.” He then grinned. “Like I said before, nothing to worry about.”

       Tabia crossed her arms, still looking stressed. “Now, wanna tell me how the heck you were able to trust Kiana enough to tell her?”

       Arius shrugged. “I had to do it sooner or later.”

       “But are you sure that she wont speak a word to your daddy?”

       Arius hesitated but then looked at her. “No. But I don’t see why she would. She told me she was fine with—”

       “And you’re just going to believe that?” Tabia asked.

       Arius frowned.

       “Okay…” Tabia closed her eyes for a second. “Calm down Tabia…” She said to herself.

       “Well… maybe we should have a plan… something thought up for if she does tell the King.” I suggested.

       Tabia nodded. “Brilliant! But what would we possible do?”

       “Tell him the truth.” Arius said.

       My mouth fell open, along with Tabia’s.

       “Are you insane?” Tabia asked.

       Arius shook his head. “I think the fact that grandfather has taken our side has made me more confident.”

       Tabia shook her head. “You’re crazy.”

       Arius started to walk away. “I’m sorry, but I must be off. The King would be upset if I am gone long.”

       Tabia watched him, shocked. “What in the name of Ra has gotten into him?”

       I shrugged, a little nervous myself. I then turned to Tabia. “I’m sure Arius knows what he’s doing.”

       “I’m not.” Tabia said as she stomped away.

       The day didn’t end quickly, which could have been a good thing. But it wasn’t. Why? Well, I hadn’t seen Arius after he left Tabia and I.

       The celebration finished late in the evening, and I was so tired that after washing myself, I went straight to bed.

       I had a strange dream that night. It was a dream of an old man. He was a master of horses, rode them more elegantly than a king would. He had long silver hair that was tied back in a ponytail, and a long beard. He was tall and looked strong, strong and brave. But his eyes… they were familiar, and filled with pain.