Chapter 1: Moved in & Settled

*This first chapter is dedicated to @OnTheRise for making this wonderful cover that I absolutely love! I hope you and everyone else will like this first chapter and the rest of the story that I'll update as often as I can! :) *

"Harreh! Where do you want the other couch before my arms fall off?!"

"Oh, stop complaining," Zayn huffs out from the other end of the couch, holding it up higher when Louis lowers it as he keeps whining. "You literally just started carrying this when me and Niall got past the door. Stop being a lazy arse, Lou, and carry it properly."

"Who knew Queen Louis was this weak?" Niall jokes, laughing and almost causing the three of them to drop the couch.

“Horan, stop laughing before I drop this on your foot!” Louis demands, then turns his head to look for their curly-haired friend. “Where the f*** is Curly?”

Niall and Zayn roll their eyes, trying to walk towards the living room with the couch still in their arms. Louis squawks at being forced to move suddenly, trying to press his heels down on the floor to keep from moving. They ignore him and pull the couch further into the room, then decide to just place it by a wall where it seems logical enough to be.

“There. That should be a good place,” Zayn notes, then takes a seat on the couch.

“What if Harold doesn’t want it there? He’s gonna make us move it again,” Louis counters, but sits beside him anyway, lying down and taking up the rest of the couch as he pants dramatically.

“Oi. Move your arse, Tommo. I wanna sit, too.”

The chestnut-haired lad just waves him off, saying, “Go find another place to die. I’m completely fine here, Irish.”

“Should’ve dropped the couch on you when I had the chance,” Niall mutters before he smirks and decides to just take a seat on Louis’ belly.

“God. You’re not as light as you look. Get off, you git!”

“Then move over,” Niall argues with a smile, giving Zayn a high-five as Louis thrashes and fails to get Niall off so he can actually breathe properly.

Suddenly, a shadow appears from behind them through the window, making them freeze and look at each other in confusion. Slowly, in silent agreement, they turn around to look at what made that shadow appear from the window. But, they don’t see anything or anyone out there that could’ve done that.

“You lads saw that, right?” Louis asks softly.

“Yeah, but there’s nothing out there,” Zayn observes, still looking out the window to the view of Harry’s front lawn.

“Probably just a bird flying by,” Niall states, although he, himself, doesn’t quite believe it either.

“Why are you just lying there? There’s still more stuff in the truck,” Harry exclaims as he walks into the living room, carrying a box full of kitchen stuff.

“AAH!” the oldest lad shouts in surprise, sitting up and making Niall fall off his belly. Louis completely ignores the Irish lad on the floor as he puts a hand to his fast beating heart in the hopes of calming it before it beats out of his chest. “Don’t do that again, Styles. You scared the life out of me. Pretty sure I saw my soul leave my body, then re-enter it.”

Harry rolls his eyes and shakes his head as he walks into the kitchen and places the box on the floor. “What are you talking about, Lou? I swear you saw me walk in a few seconds ago.”