Chapter 24: Just to Be Here

"Are you sure you have everything you need?" Perrie asks, trying to look inside Harry's hand bag.

"Yes, Perrie. Quit it."

"We just wanna be sure you don't forget anything," Zayn assures him with a smile.

"Like, do you have clean underwear, condoms, lube? - Oh, just let us check, Curly!" Louis demands, grabbing Harry's bag from him and rummaging through it with Niall. "Really? You're bringing this shirt? Do you even really want Liam back?"

"Stop offending me! Give me that," Harry snaps back in embarrassment, taking back his bag. "I just grabbed random clothes, okay? I was in a rush."

Niall snorts, then puts an arm around his shoulders. "You should've chose better underwear too."

"Oh, yeah! We should've bought you some lingerie or something before we got here!" Eleanor pipes in, now going through Harry's bag too.

"No, El! That's so - I wouldn't even wear it!"

"You sure? 'Cause I'm sure Liam will take you to bed once he sees you in them."

"El!" Harry exclaims, blushing as other people at the airport give them disapproving looks. "I'm leaving now."

They all sigh and let him take his bag back before they all say their goodbyes. Harry smiles and hugs them back, telling them that he'll be back, but this time he'll have Liam by his side. At least, that's what he hopes for. Because anything can happen, and if he really can't convince Liam to love him and go back to England with him, then he will for sure fail and telling his friends this would just be so lame, and -

"I can hear you overthinking," Louis mutters to him once they pull away from their hug.

"I can't help it, Lou. I'm nervous, anxious, scared that Liam won't come back here with me, then I'll be stuck all alone for the rest of my life while the rest of you are all happy - "

"Oh, stop panicking, Harold. You can't be weak now."

"You're not helping," Harry whines, stomping his foot childishly. "You're supposed to make me feel confident about doing this."

"And you're just supposed to be confident. You don't need our help in that."

"But - "

"Just go get him, yeah?" Louis cuts in again, giving Harry's shoulders a squeeze. "Don't come back unless you're with him; got it? I'm serious about that. We're all sick of seeing you depressed without him."

Harry lets out a forced laugh, wiping at his eyes for being somewhat emotional. Louis snorts and pushes him at the shoulder playfully, knowing full well that the younger lad would start crying from what he said. But Harry couldn't help it, since now he knows Louis really is supporting this now. And he is really grateful of it.

"Thanks, Lou."

"Yeah, yeah. Now go and bring him back here so we can kick his a** for leaving you. He actually thought it would be for the better," Louis mutters the last part with a scoff.

"You thought it was," Harry reminds him with a small smile.

"Shut up. Go board your plane before you're late and start crying again."

"Good luck, Harry! Remember: use protection! There are a lot of STI's going around nowadays!" Eleanor calls after him once he turns and starts walking away from them. "Oh, and have fun, of course!"

Ducking his head and walking even faster away from them when he notices people staring at him with disturbed looks, Harry blushes furiously and rushes to the airport security checkpoint. His friends chuckle as they notice how embarrassed he is, just about ready to leave when Jade notices something.