𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.━━━ pale gods

Start from the beginning

"Nothing, darling." Camille raises a the glass of what Simon assumed was blood. "Bloody Mary? Original recipe." So they drank, Camille enjoying her mundane toy, while poor Simon kissed her hungrily without a care in the world. Unaware of the plot unravelling beneath their feet, where three Shadowhunter's lurked and the two up above waiting to make their move. Camille and Simon continued to make out. Camille bit Simon' lower lip and invited the beads of blood blossoming, from the cut. Simon drunken and dazed, against his will, left a trail of kisses on Camille's neck, nipping it and tasting her bitter sweet blood.

The tall building loomed over the two of them as they looked up. On first glance, the Hotel Dumort looked indifferent to the rest of the buildings packed in the area. Though while the others showed some sign of life, the hotel was seemingly abandoned; its walls dark and cracked and it's windows were boarded up, while the doors were bricked in. Probably to keep the sun light out, Kiara thought. 

She and Alec ditched the van earlier on, because Alec said the noise would give a vampire's enhanced hearing, a heads up of their arrival. Kiara spied a loose and tattered banner hanging from the roof. 'Hotel Dumont: Live your way now... and forever'. Though someone had painted out the 'N' in 'Dumont' and replaced it with an 'R'. "How do they get inside?" Kiara asked in a low voice.

"They fly," Alec said, and indicated the roof of the building. Kiara struggled to see it as it once would have been in its former grandeur. No time for sight seeing though. 

"Well I didn't do 'flying' in Shadowhunter studies, so where's the best of the Lightwoods, at." Kiara rubbed her palms.

"I'm right, here." Alec searched her face, confused.

"I was talking about Izzy." 

A familiar laugh chimed in the dingy, garbage strewn sidewalk. Kiara whipped her head around and grinned at the newcomer. Isabelle, appeared out of the shadows and beamed at the pair. She had changed her outfit since they last met, now she wore short red dress that hugged her curves and sported a pair of terrifying 6 inch heels. 

"I think Alec's in denial." Isabelle smirked.

"No, I'm not," Alec protested, " Anyways, Izzy I got your text but where exactly, is the entrance?"

"Follow me."

 The three of  them proceeded cautiously, Kiara had been battling the urge to slam her head on the wall, since her headache refused to go away. Occasionally, her chest seemed to tighten or her hands became stiff and frozen in mid action. Kiara prayed nothing would happen while they were still here. Before she knew it they were inside; faded paint, peeled off the walls and the air was stuffy and damp. Pipes lined the walls, snaking their way ahead.

 "It's an old meatpackers' service entrance." Isabelle explained, "If we go back there..." Isabelle pointed to a metal ladder, fixed onto the wall, going upwards. "We come up into the basement of the Hotel Dumort. Perfect, right?" Isabelle said with a little pride, "We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon."

"Okay." Alec said simply, shrugging his shoulders. Isabelle frowned, disappointed at his lack of appreciation.

 "Okay? It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel." Isabelle stood up to her brother, who smiles sarcastically.

"Great job, Izzy." Alec jerked his head to indicate something that glittered on Isabelle's dress. "You have faerie dust on your dress." 

Isabelle hastily, patted it off and Kiara caught a whiff of crushed berries, herbs and pine.