Chapter 14: Restless

Start from the beginning

______________________________________

To my dear child (Y/N),

I am sorry for not being able to tell you this in person as my condition is quickly worsening. But we have received information about a Demon hidden within the Yokohama Port Opening Memorial Hall.

I will send you to lead a 5-man squad, including you.
Like always, please bring back good news for us. Leave as soon as possible, you will find them in the designated wisteria house nearby.
______________________________________

You were happy that you had a new mission but felt bad especially due to the fact that you wouldn't be able to teach Tanjiro to be consistent with the Total Concentration Breathing. After reading the message you went to look for Shinobu which was still in her office despite it being late in the night.

"Are you busy?" You said as you slowly opened the door to find her reading an enormous book, "I was.. Is something wrong?" She looked at you as she was closing the book laid out in front of her. "What day will we be seeing Kanae?" You asked in a very worried tone of voice, she automatically knew something was wrong now "...You know you can tell me anything, you mustn't worry about it" she now got up and walked only to stand in front of you, making you feel worse about having to leave.

"You see, the thing is... I've been given a mission I have to tend to. I've been given leadership of a small team and have to leave as soon as possible, said by Oyakata-sama himself.. That is the reason why I wanted to know." You said a bit nervous, mostly because this means a lot to her.
"I completely understand if you can't make it. It's in two days, just in case you can." she then pulled you down from the collar of the uniform and kissed you on the cheek. "Please be careful, you know you better come back unscathed or else..." her smile now showed her sadistic nature as she said this which scared you, mostly because you never know what she's thinking while she's smiling like that. "I'd suggest you head out immediately if you want to make it on time" she then left her office towards her room.

You stood there, still dumbfounded by her interactions. Even so, you love the way this small woman is and greatly admire her for the work she does.
Anyway you headed back to your room to sleep for a while and head out before dawn breaks.
Once you got up, you got dressed in your uniform, tied up both Nichirin swords to each side of your waist, put on your Blood Moon Kabuki Mask and hurried to the kitchen trying to not wake anybody up. You served some water in a bamboo bottle and left the estate as soon as possible, hoping that the mission wouldn't take so long.

As you headed out of the mansion you ran top speed to try and make the less time possible to complete the mission. Notably trying to rush things was a bad idea but you were too blinded to remember this, mostly because you wanted to be back as soon as possible so you could be with Shinobu as you visited Kanae's grave.

Anyway since you left before dawn it took about 6 hours, only stopping once in a while to get a drink of water and keep on going. As you progressed in training your mission's became more and more difficult as well, so given even a small chance you could use it to train, in this case it was all stamina.
You arrived at the Wisteria House by morning and as expected you were the first one to arrive. "Excuse me, but am I the only Corps Member here?" You still asked just to make sure, "Yes, for the moment you are the only one who we are attending to" The grown man said politely. "I'm sorry about this, but could I get something to eat while I wait for the rest of them?" You asked a little embarrassed about it, mostly because Wisteria Houses were your safe haven and they would do everything for free which made you feel bad.

After eating, all you could do was to wait for your squad to arrive, so for the meantime you took a nap in one of the rooms
You waited sleeping off the fatigue you carried from running all morning, the first member of your team had arrived at the Wisteria House. You were promptly woken up by him.
"Ah.. I'm very sorry! Time sure flies. Anyway, what is your name and what breath form do you use?" You said as you quickly got up.
He was very tall, almost as tall as you, very muscular with a scar in his face, wearing such a feral appearance and long hair in the form of a mohawk.
"...My name is Shinazugawa Genya and I can't use any breaths, but I have an ability which let's me fight as much as anyone" he said as he sat down. Now that you looked at him he had a resemblance to Sanemi, The Wind Pillar, "I'm sorry for asking but are you.." but as you were about to ask him other two came in through the door and now since you were fully awake you didn't waste a minute: "Names and breaths!" You fully exclaimed as would rengoku.
"Zephyr Ohnoki! Stone breath!."
"Mitsuo Kurusu, Water Breath!" They both bowed immediately showing their respect for their superior. They are young looking, around 16 years of age. "Okay now we're missing one more member before we review our mission, so make yourself comfortable as you wait. I will be back in a moment" You said as you left the room and jumped from roof to roof towards the district government library.