Interlude 2: Sentiment

After your arrival you slowly walked towards your room where you were intending to wait for everyone to come back, but instead you had deeply fallen asleep since you were tired from being tied up and awake all day and night.
Not only were you brutally beaten, but you were also starved and water deprived during your lock up, so it was inevitable for you to get rest immediately.
You still had your uniform on, bloodied and dirty all over but when you opened up your eyes you noticed someone cleaning your bruises and injuries, only you didn't notice who this was and fell back asleep.
After some hours had passed you still felt fatigued and hurt but still got up to look for everyone, luckily it was already nighttime once again so you found everyone getting dinner ready.
You approached sheepishly to help around as much as you could but it seemed as if you were being ignored which made you feel awkward for the time being, everyone was there except for Shinobu.

When you finished helping preparing dinner you went outside without saying a word, not even looking back to see their reactions, once outside you ran, you ran as much as you could in your current injured state. You didn't think anything else but of training in that exact moment, nothing else mattered as long as you could become stronger and not let something like this happen again, the stronger you became the easier the missions would be. The more you thought about it the more you realized it was a stupid idea, but at least you could become stronger.

You were fighting wood dummies whilst holding your breath so you wouldn't have to be so dependent on it, you never know what kind of powers Demons could have, so the more prepared the better. At this point hours had passed and you could hardly breathe correctly because of how tired you were, in an instant you turned around with one of your blades aiming towards the branches of some trees.

"Oh my.. So this is how you receive the one you most like?", you reacted extremely quickly, even faster than when you are fighting Demons. "I-I'm sorry, i hadn't realized that it was you up there.. I've been training for hours non stop that I just assumed you were an ene-" You were suddenly cut off by a cute and sweet giggle "For so much training you lack a lot in the awareness department". You sheathed your blades and walked calmly towards the sound of Shinobu's voice beforehand stumbling on the ground.
Shinobu quickly jumped down to help you get back on your feet.

"Are you alright?!" She said with a tone of panic in her voice, you simply smiled and gasped for air "I've just been training while holding my breath for long periods of time" When she hugged your side to help you walk better you felt a sharp sting in your lung which made you cry out in pain. She quickly let go of your side and instead grabbed your arm and grabbed one of your blades so you could use it as a walking stick.

After walking a distance you were going to go to bed but Shinobu quickly scolded you "You are spending the night in the ward so I can check you as soon as possible", so to not get her more angry you hurried to the ward and get some sleep. You slowly laid down "I-I'm sorry I wasn't there.." You tried to see her face after saying this but she quickly turned around "It is alright, your safety is priority as of now" she then walked off and you tried to sleep. After some hours you woke up in a cold sweat due to the pain of the injury and you could hardly breathe right, you were gasping for air.

There was no way for you to call for help, you know everyone is sleeping during this time. So you tried to get up but as you sat up on the bed it hurt even more making you gasp for more air and completely falling on the ground causing a sound strong enough for someone in the room heard you and hurried to the aid. Once again you didn't notice who it was but you suddenly woke up to Shinobu performing a sophisticated procedure which involved removing air out of the pleural cavity for it to go back to place.

Once again you had fallen asleep and woken up by Aoi who brought you a tray of food. "What happened.. How long was I out?" you asked very drowsy.
"You were saved last night by someone named Genya, he hurried to you whilst yelling for us to come and help. Since that time Shinobu and I treated your injury" She explained as she fed you since you were still in the process of getting better. "Don't worry, you'll get better in no time" She smiled as she have you a spoonful of soft cold Soba noodles. You smiled back.