Chapter 13: Natagumo Mountain & Hashira Meeting

A couple of weeks have passed and you've been sent to rather smaller missions every now and then, during this time your reputation grew as most of the Corp members referred to you as the 'Masked Slayer' since you were slowly getting stronger.
Every time you came back you always carried small gifts for everyone in the Butterfly Estate, especially for the little ones.
Shinobu would tell you to stop since you were spoiling them, but you kept on doing it anyway. Their happiness and innocence was something that you loved and it gave you even more reasons to come back alive.

After coming back from the town you went straight to see Shinobu who was in her office doing her official reports for the Pillar meeting that would be taking place in some days from now. "I'm truly starting to feel nervous about being summoned to this meeting now, what do I need to do or say there?" You asked her from the other side of the desk, she let go of the quill in her hand and looked directly at you. "First off, you should make your own reports of the most important sightings and sensitive information from the past 6 months. Everything involving Demons, Demon reports and even Corp members you've been able to presence in battle." she then got up and walked behind you, putting her arms around you, embracing you in a hug "And second of all, you don't have to be nervous about it. Oyakata-sama summoned you for a reason" she hugged you tighter, you just smiled gently at this.

"I guess you're right about that, and I do wish to see Rengoku-san, Uzui-san and Mitsuri-chan after so long. I'm kind of worried about the other Hashira though.." you said as you got up from your chair and grabbed some paper. "There's really no need to worry about it, well probably only Shinazugawa-san who gets heated pretty easily" she said as you laughed nervously and left to your room to start your official documents on the past six months. It was something tedious to do, especially since it was hard recalling all the events that happened in the last months. But after you started to recall everything that elapsed since you became a Corps member you started wiriting non-stop.

You knew that you weren't the best nor the strongest swordsmen, but you became a strong Tsuchinoe, enough to be able to fight lower moon leveled Demons and win, so now you knew why your input was important to Oyakata-sama.

After you finished you heard knocking on the door, it was Kanao who was sent by Shinobu to get you to eat dinner with all of them. When you looked out the window you noticed that it was dark outside which put you off for a moment since it took you all day to finish your report. You placed it in a folder and hurried to the dining room where everyone was promptly waiting for your arrival to start eating. You got embarrassed by this and sat down on your spot.

"Ara ara~ it looks like you have a lot to say in the meeting, (Y/n)" Shinobu teased you as you were red in embarrassment. "I just got kind of excited with the idea of writing my findings.. I also already sent it to Oyakata-sama" You silently said as you took a sip out of your drink, everyone just giggled and you started eating cold soba with salmon daiki that was made by Shinobu herself.

"...You made this!?" You asked surprised by how well it tasted, "Well of course, I know more than just poisoning and pharmaceuticals in case you didn't know" she smiled as she said. "But what's the occasion?" You said as you served seconds. "I thought it would be nice to have a little celebration for you. Like I said before, you are now an equal to us despite not being a Hashira" she smiled at you as she clapped her hands together, you started to blush.
"You make me really happy, you know?" You said unwittingly.

She just looked at you and gave off a sly blush, making her cheeks bright red, everyone else looked at the both of you surprised by what just happened. Aoi still had some feelings for you but knew that the two of you were a good couple and let it be.
"...(Y/n), I will head to Oyakata-sama's mansion a day before the meeting, just in case. Besides, we're relatively close to his estate" She explained to you as you were finishing up your food. You were confused as to why, but you didn't mind it at all, besides, there were still a few things that you had to do before heading out to the meeting.