Chapter 14: Restless

Start from the beginning

Once you found her it was the usual thing of speaking to her with no replies whatsoever. At least she did as you told, so it was all good.
When you both arrived to the Dojo Aoi had already explained everything they had to go through during their training here. Luckily they had barely started and the girls were helping by stretching them out, you wanted to laugh but then remembered that you suffered a lot the same way many different times before. What you did do though, was see their faces before and after the first day of training, especially since they came so enthusiastically
Anyway you helped with the tea-game so they could have a slim chance of winning, mostly because if you were to play the game of tag they would never reach you, no matter how much they trained. You were growing exponentially fast so this was the best way to help them.

When Inosuke who was the first one to start went to where you were sitting he was totally overwhelmed by your speed, you even felt bad by throwing the nasty medicinal water on his mask, mostly because of the smell. The funny part is that he didn't want to give up at first, but he gradually became more and more depressed about being weak.
"Don't worry young Inosuke, you are barely healing up, that's why you can't beat me right now. You will see that in a couple of days you will be able to beat me with no problems" you said this as he went to the game of tag, mostly to make him feel better. Luckily it did work out and he gave it his all to the next part of training.

Next up came Tanjiro, he was gentle as ever, this is why you estimated him the most. "Please train me up good!" he said as he bowed, "Just as i told Inosuke, I will but don't get too desperate, just be patient as you will slowly recover back to your state!".
After saying this you began and had a good time, sadly the score for the day was 10 to 0. And the day after was the same, and the day afterwards, and so on for about a week. Luckily you could tell the progress the two were making.
By the end of the day you heard that Zenitsu will be joining in a couple of days since his limbs were growing back to normal, you felt happy for him after these news.

You then headed to take a bath and relax for a moment mostly because you had a lot on your mind, especially after everything they had said during the Meeting. You were mostly growing anxious about what Oyakata-sama said: "The cogs of fate are finally moving".
"He basically has foresight, which means that tougher battles will come eventually" you thought to yourself as you got in the hot water, "I just hope they don't come sooner than later" you then looked at the many scars throughout your body reminiscing about the previous fights you've had to endure and how you need to be ready for anything that could come. In fact you were wishing to be called on a solo mission now, you were more than ready to go back to the field. Instead of feeling down you accidentally inspired yourself right back up again.

That had to wait anyway, your current duties were to help in the recovery process and helping throughout the mansion. It was getting late so you decided to call it a day and head off to bed. Once you arrived at your room Shinobu was sitting on the bed waiting for you.
"Is something wrong?" You said as you sat down next to her,
"No, not really. I just believe that we haven't really been able to spend time together for quite some time now, I've been too busy making medicine for the injured and you've been helping out with the recovery and cleaning. So I thought to myself that it would be nice if you and I could spend an evening together.. At least for dinner."
The way she said this made your heart beat faster as she was nervous, something very unusual for her. Instead of saying something you just got up, grabbed her hand and walked to the kitchen.

Once in there you sat her down and started grabbing everything you needed to start and cook a meal for the both of you like a total chef. After all, you did learn a lot from Aoi herself so many of the dishes you made were delicious.
"I'm sorry if I took long, but I wanted to make you feel happy and cooked your favorite food" you said as you handed her a plate of ginger boiled in soy sauce. She looked up at you, eyes glowing like never before which made you blush. You proceeded to sit down in front of her with a plate of your own. You tried to remember the last time you had a chance to eat like this with her, at least weeks had passed so it was quite special.