Chapter 1

Hey guys.

So, after a long while of writing and polishing this, this feels good enough to finally be released..

Now, I've probably already told you all this by now, but if I haven't, I'm trying to expand my creativity and story-telling beyond what I normally do. And I feel like this is a good test.

Now, since this is my first real attempt at creating a good story in every way, I want to know how I do exactly. Don't be afraid to give criticism and reviews, (I.e, tell me if my pacing is off or that the character's actions seem irrational.)

Seriously, I want all the criticism and reviews I can possibly get.

But that is all you need to know. Let the story begin.

______________

Location: Paw Patrol Lookout, Adventure Bay

Local Time: 14:30, (2:30 PM EST)

Date: July 12, 2020

"Okay, okay. I'm coming! It's really hard to walk with this blindfold, especially considering the fact it's me," Marshall said in annoyance as Chase hastened Marshall into the room. "I know, but this surprise is really special. And... okay! Open," Chase told the dalmatian, and as he did so, his eyes were revealed, and he saw Skye, Zuma, Rubble, Rocky, Ryder, Everest, and Jake waiting for him, along with a cake the size of Marshall.

"Happy birthday, Marshall!" they all exclaimed, as Marshall sat in awe. "Wow, you guys didn't need to go this far," Marshall said. "Ah, come on Marshall! You're the coolest pup there is! Of course we would do this for you," Chase told him. "Yeah, dude. You totally rock!" Zuma exclaimed. Marshall was taken back by everyone's comments, blushing lightly. "Heh, thanks guys." "Well, what are we waiting for, Marshall? Let's celebrate!" Chase exclaimed.

"Alright, Marshall. Now, this year, for your present, we got you something real big," Ryder told Marshall. "Something big? How big?" Marshall questioned, but was handed a wrapped gift box in response. "Huh? This doesn't look big." "Just open it and you'll see," Ryder explained. Confused, but curious, he decided to open it anyway.

"Wait, are these... tickets to a cruise?!" Marshall yelled in joy as he pulled out two tickets. "Yeah, two tickets for you and one other person. Man are you lucky, bro," Chase replied. "Wait, one other person? What do you mean?"

"Well, you see here, dude. Me and Ryder have been discussing this for a while, and we decided that this would be a perfect vacation for you. And, we decided instead of all of us going, we would just have Everest go with you," Jake explained. "Wait, what?!" "Yeah, I was confused when Jake told me the same thing too, Marshall. But then I thought it would be fun to just have it be the two of us," Everest jumped in. "But, why can't all of you go, and why does it specifically have to be Everest?" "Well, we can't all afford to go," Ryder replied. "And besides, you two would totally enjoy being alone together," Chase mumbled, as Zuma gave a fake cough to signal the hint.

"W-what's that supposed to mean, Chase?!" Marshall interrogated the shepard, who chuckled to himself. "Oh, nothing. But, uh, do you even want to go? Because, you can just not go if you don't want to." "Uh..." Marshall held back on giving a response. He glanced at Everest to get approval, but she shrugged at him. "Well, if Everest is fine with it, then yeah! I'll go!"

Santa Eve Entrance

16:40, (4:40 PM EST)

"Alright, here we are," Ryder exclaimed as he hopped off his ATV. Marshall and Everest looked in awe as they got out of their vehicles and observed the cruise ship. "You sure you really want to go, Marshall? You know that after the cruise leaves, we won't have physical contact until a week," Ryder questioned the dalmatian one final time. "Yeah, I'll be fine! I have Everest with me, and besides, it's probably for the best you guys can look over Adventure Bay while we're gone," Marshall assured Ryder, as he licked his owner's cheek, which Ryder chuckled in response.