The apartment is empty and a somber grey, the snowy lighting giving everything a frigid glow. I kick off my shoes and toss my keys to the side before dragging myself to the only place I feel safe; my room. The cold lock turns in between my fingers, that satisfying click echoing around in my blank mind. Everything is in place around my room, nothing moved or touched. Another defeated sigh fleets with the comforting hug I get from my lonely bed.

"Oh how I missed sleep..." I groan softly, curling up on my side.

I'm warm but cold. Absent but present. Finished but still going. It's all the same feeling. That same feeling before I met the red clan. That stupid clan.

My glossed over orbs shut, body relaxing and trying to run away to a safer place than my room. But nothing comes. Not for the rest of the day.

•••

Buzz! Buzz!

I groan.

Buzz Buzz!

I roll over towards the noise, eyes struggling to open.

Buzz Buzz!

"Oh shut up," I hiss, slamming my hand over the glass box.

I drag the annoying electronic across the wooden tabletop, facing it towards my puffy eyes. My finger taps the screen, the blue light blinding me. I flinch back a bit before straining my eyes wide open. A text sits on the glass screen, its black lettering a little fuzzy. I sit up, rubbing my eyes. It clears up a bit.

"I need to talk to you," it reads.

My brain loads slowly, reading the contact name at the top. That snaps me out of my drowsy state.

"Shiro..." I murmur.

My fingers fly to text back, "What's up?"

"Can I call?"

"I kind of just woke up but sure."

I wait, rubbing my (e/c) eyes again. The phone buzzes in my hands, my thumb answering.

"Hello, (y/n)!" Shiro's voice comes through the phone.

"Hey. You sound excited to tell me something," I reply.

He chuckles.

"Not really... I wasn't too sure how to approach you without the red clan coming after me," he says, his voice becoming a lot more serious.

"That's right," I huff with exasperation. "You're a wanted man for murdering someone from HOMRA."

"I didn't do it, (y/n)," Shiro snaps in a calm tone.
He sighs. "But that isn't what I came here for."

There's a long drawn out pause, my mind starting to wander to another thought. I didn't want to wait for Shiro's dramatic explanation. We don't live in one of those cheesy drama fictions.

He inhales, finally speaking.

"You're in danger, (y/n)."