four

"I'm home, finally. I'm so fucking tired." I say to myself, looking through my bags for the earbuds. I find them, turning them on shortly after. "Hi. I hope you had a good day. I didn't really. I mean, it was fine for what it was, but the day was rainy. There's been rumored that a hurricane was on it's way, but I haven't watched the news to know." I grab my bags and shoes, walking to my room to throw them in there.

The kitchen was my next stop. "Anything interesting you're gonna eat for dinner tonight? I know you won't answer, but it's worth a shot." I open the fridge. "There's literally nothing in this fridge and I'm not about to eat a salad." With a sigh, I grab my house keys and get a $20 out of the money drawer. I grab my electric scooter from by the front door, praying that it's charged, and take a peak outside. The rain stopped. "Ah, hopefully the rain doesn't pick up again." I head out the door and lock it.

"(Fast food place). It's not far from here." Shoving the money and keys in my pocket, starting up the scooter. Charged! Yes. Great. Just what I needed. I get on and push myself a it to get it going, taking a second to balance myself. "It's been a while since I have ridden this thing. The summer maybe." I look at the neighboring fast food joints, them not being the one I want. "What's your favorite fast food place? Mine is (fast food place) because (whatever the reason is). Not that it benefits you since you won't talk to me you ass." I grumbled, spotting the food place and riding over to it. I park the scooter at the bike rack and scan the my key card on the scooter screen locking it to prevent anyone from taking it.

It was a prototype electric scooter, from the same people that made the earbuds. The newer ones have an interface screen between the handles that hook up to your phone. The older ones used a key card or a pin depending on the version. This is the future of technology.

I pop into the restaurant and order my order. I paid and bolted out of there, holding onto the food tightly, scanning my card to unlock my scooter, and zoomed back home before the rain could start up again. I did just that. I made it home right before it started to rain again.

I went into my house, plugged up the scooter again, locked the door, and headed to my room with the order.

xxx

"And that's how I almost broke my nose-"

"Just shut the fuck up." I heard him. "Dammit you're so fucking annoying. I told you I didn't want to talk to you." His tone was dark, mean.

"Why not?? You're being the asshole. Not talking to me and shit. I told you I was going to talk and you said nothing. If you just told me nicely to shut up, I would've." I slammed my fist on the desk where my homework was. I was telling a story and doing my homework, the stuff I had left, and this man is mad at me for no reason. All I did was talk.

"What's the point? Of talking? It's all coming to an end." He grumbled.

"What? What's that supposed to mean asshole?" I looked at the math and ended up pushing it aside, laying my head down on the cold wood.

"I can't." He mumbled, "I have to go. I spoke too much."

"Wait-" I heard his line cut off. He turned off his headphones. "What the fuck was that about? That's the most I got out of him. What the fuck? WHAT THE FUCK???"

I got a call. From my parents. Answering it, I took the earbuds out and turned them off for now. "Hey, we're not gonna be home for a few days. Work wants us to work on improving the earbuds and some other things. There's been some security breaches and we gotta stay. I'll call you when we're on our way home."

"Alright mom. Love you, and dad. I'll talk to you later." She hung up first.

I stood from my desk to go lay down. What the fuck did he mean? It's all coming to an end. Does it have to do with the breaches my mom mentioned? Hopefully not.