two

"Good morning. Hope you are well this morning. It's more like afternoon, but I was up late last night, obviously, and so I slept in." I paused. "I'm guessing you're awake, but if you aren't I apologize ahead of time."

"I'm awake." He says, not speaking after that. He scoffed, probably wishing I wasn't talking to him, or at all.

"Well, good morning. I ate [breakfast food of choice] and finished getting ready for school. I only have a month left until I graduate, but that's fine. It's only a month. I probably won't talk in class and I'll turn the earbuds off during classes, but between classes and at lunch I'll have them on, most likely." I sighed, looking out of the window, picking up my backpack. "I am not looking forward to today. I stayed home yesterday because it was my birthday, but since it's not today, I'm forced to go back to school." I saw the bus and I rushed out into the rain, hoping to not get wet.

I waved to the bus driver and walked to the back of the bus where my empty seat was. "I'm not not bothered here." I mumble, mostly to myself. "I usually sit in the back, not too far back because those are the older people, like the ones that fail a grade or two. They sit back there." I glanced back, but quickly returned to looking out the window. The gloomy skies really made today much worse. The weather people said it was gonna be nice today, but they were so off and wrong. Unless they mean later, but I doubt it.

"Other than that, I'm on my way now. It's raining quite hard here, upsetting. It as gonna be a nice warm day and I was ready for it to be. I wore the wrong shit. I had time to change, but I didn't." The majority of people near the back were already 18 years old and didn't bat an eye since we all had the earbuds.

I sighed, speaking up once more. "The only class I'm looking forward to today is study period." I watch the window and take my earbuds out of my ears and turned them off. Today isn't the day.

xxx

I met up with Becca and Tay in the hallway after 3rd period, they were a couple of my friends that had turned 18 months before me and have already met their soulmates in person.

"So, you got your earbuds? Is your soulmate nice?" Becca asks and we walk to our next period together. Fourth period is probably the only period we have together.

"He's said like two sentences. I talked the majority of the time so far." I placed my finger and thumb on my temples in annoyance.

"That's not that bad. Tay's gal used to be mute and now she can't shut up." Becca laughs, looking over at Tay.

"Yeah yeah. She just didn't talk as much, but we're comfortable with each other now so it doesn't even matter how she was like in the beginning." She said. "Speaking of, I should probably text her before class starts and see if she wants to meet up at the park after school."

At this point, Becca and Tay were both in a conversation, completely forgetting I was there, like usual. I'm just there for support and to break them apart if they get into fights or something. I balance them out.