theater class

"OW!"

   me and a boy say in sinc. we both laugh a little. the boy helps me pick up my stuff, and i pick up his.

   "sorry about that" i say.

   "you're fine, we were both in a bit of a rush" he says.

    he looks at me, and says "y/n, you look so different. a good different though"

   "yeah, i changed my style-.." then i realize who he is "oh my gosh, noah! i didn't recognize you at first, you look- so much older"

   "yeah i really grew during the summer" he says.

   i look at him. a bit of sunlight shines through the window near us, and lands on him. his hazel eyes shimmer in the sunlight, making a gorgeous green color. little bits of chocolate brown color surround the green in his eyes. his medium brown hair soon becomes lighter, as the sun gives it blonde highlights. his hair looks so fluffy, as if i touched it, it would feel like a soft blanket. a smile forms around his soft, bubble gum pink lips, and i can't help but smile by just looking at his smile.

i get startled, breaking out of my thoughts, as i hear someone yell at us,

   "hey! you guys gotta go to class!" we turn around, to see it's the principal.

   i say "oh yeah sorry we just bumped into each other, we're on our way"

"what class do you have?" noah asks.

    "theater. you?"

   "same!" noah says.

   i feel a bit happy, but nervous knowing we're in the same class. when we walk into the class, everybody stares at us. we sit next to each other, considering everyone else took up the seats we can sit in. the teacher hands out our scripts, and assigns our parts.

"my names mrs.lee, and the play we are doing this year is romeo and juliet" the teacher says.

  "usually the seniors would get the bigger parts, but since no seniors are in this class, i am going to be choosing anyone." "may harris, you are juliet." "noah schnapp, you are romeo"

   may must be new, i've never seen her before. she's really pretty though. i feel a little jealous. i think to myself "y/n, snap out of it." "it's just a play." why am i even jealous anyway? i've known him since kindergarten, i can't like him. what if he likes her? i look over at him, and i see him looking at may. i feel a bit hurt, but i ignore it. instead, i stare into his beautiful hazel eyes, hoping he'll look into mine.